Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 mm

cnote

Had a discussion about the round and perceived recoil.

Would a plastic fantastic absorb the recoil with flex better than a heavy all steal pistol where weight is king

What would be your choice if factory 10 mm was the only round available to you ??

I think I have owned most all the Steel ones, but only one EAA Polymer version. I like my Steel for this task! I'm waiting on the Grand Power 10mm Polymer to come in and I can give you thoughts on it then. In reality a 6" Steel

longslide is what 10mm's are all about!

In competitions? No advantage I know of and might be a pinch more expensive to reload for.

If you are talking self defense it doesn't have a huge advantage over any of the other service calibers. It will deliver the payload at longer distances given the extra case capacity.

Now as for woods carry or hunting it spanks the other calibers pretty hard in that area. You will not get a 220gr Hardcast moving out at 1200+ FPS out of them!

Not really. I have four 10mm's and will be adding a fifth 4.25" Grand Power here soon. The 4.25" would be to carry, but nothing wrong with the EAA Limited Pro 4.75" for that honor either! The EAA Hunter 6" would be fine in a chest or thigh holster for Hunting/Woods.