Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nook ST and RASI chip

kamikaze1a

Stepping into the 21st Century...after reading several threads I ordered a Nook ST and will be downloading the RASI files to run PS.

Question about the micro SD card that I use to download RASI. I searched their site and googled but could not find any reference to the card capacity. Do I just need a card big enough to download RASI or will that card also be used for running PS and storing scores?

Also, their site stated that the card would be a bootable SD, does that mean that the card must remain installed?

Thanks!

Thanks all! When I read "bootable" it made me wonder if that meant that the Nook boots from the card every time. While researching I had read something about needing only one card to update all devices but never could find that page again.

How about the saved match scores, is there adequate internal memory or do you use the card for that?

There is 2GB of internal storage on NST.

To give you an idea, 2014 USPSA Nationals match takes about 4Mb of that (+ several copies when you create backups on device and all that) and adds some more if you request full match results on device. But regular club matches are much smaller than that.

I have nothing to do with RASI, but why would it matter? It is a disk image. You place that image to an SD card (see post #2), boot from it, it does its work.

After that you can reformat that SD card and keep it around, to use for updating PractiScore on your devices and/or to create backups during matches (then get one for each of your nooks and turn on scores log to SD card in the app).

It seem like you doesn't like responses you've got here. We can give you a different response, or you could try for yourself, or you could contact people who created that thing directly. If I'm not mistaken, their web site had an email address somewhere. :)

Try the 1GB you'll know right away if the RASI won't load.

I used 2GB and then left cards in each one to use the dropbox type software updates.

Now you can go get software's updates straight from the nook/practiscore when your connected to

the internet. The cards also let you back-up scoring and less chance of lost scoring.

Not sure if it's an automatic back-up for each score that's saved or something that the nook operator

has to back-up. I need to check into that and turn it on on our units.