Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coated bullets?

glock34shooter

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shooting BBI 125 conicals. Accuracy is as good as I can hold about anything. The Hi Tek coating is much better than the stuff they used to use.

My SA is ok with them at 1.135" OAL, but my Colt won't plunk, it wants 1.102" as does my Smith.

Obviously I am going to load them all the same.

I will chronograph and adjust powder, I bet .033" will make a difference.

A friend gave me a handful of their new grooveless .45 roundnose.

I hope they work in my Buzzard (Small shop copy of STI Hawk.) that gun is crazy finicky on what it will feed.

Edited by Jim Watson

Thanks ArrDave. Think I'll give them a shot. If I'm not happy will give the Blue Bullets a shot. Didn't someone say there's an Enos discount?

I'll pm you the code

Is there a Bayou Bullets code to be shared? ;)

They do offer a quantity discount, but you need to call them directly.

I just did that, ordered 10k on a Tuesday and bullets arrived Friday. Excellent customer service and shipping times.

Just placed an order for 3k 147gr RN Blue Bullets using the Stoeger code to save 5%. I got 2.5k 147gr FP from Acme last week.

I have been a user of S&S bullets for the past couple years and have been very happy with them. Problem is they are an IL company and with me being a resident of IL the sales tax kills me on these bulk purchases. The way it is with the tax it makes it way cheaper to buy from an out of state vendor.

Just placed an order for 3k 147gr RN Blue Bullets using the Stoeger code to save 5%. I got 2.5k 147gr FP from Acme last week.

I'm trying both of those myself right now. So far, with my very unscientific off-hand-at-less-than-20-yards methods, I can't tell any difference at all between them, other than the blues leave a little residue on fingers, and the acme smell worse when shot indoors.

Very happy with both.

Edited by rev1911

I'm trying both of those myself right now. So far, with my very unscientific off-hand-at-less-than-20-yards methods, I can't tell any difference at all between them, other than the blues leave a little residue on fingers, and the acme smell worse when shot indoors.

Very happy with both.

I'll remember that with the Acme bullets. I get no smell out of my S&S bullets. I'll be pushing both with AA #5 and get a very clean burn with that powder.

• 2 months later...

The blue bullets work great used them for a couple years now. I run the new 135 grn. 9mm for 3 gun and the non grease ring 180 grn. for .40 in USPSA they load clean and shoot clean at the price of lead but without the smoke.

www.thebluebullets.com

use code Sanders at check out for 5% off an get the flat rate box for free shipping as well.

I actually like the berry's plated. When cabelas has a sale on them with $5 or free shipping, the price is very competitive to the coated. And yesterday I ordered 3k of the 147's, they were out of the 124's in the 1k packs.

The guys that shoot Blue's absolutely love them. I didn't. The same load - reduced recoil for SC - with the smaller 4 port Carver comp on a g17 would not cycle. I had to run up nearly .5 grains to get the gun to work and it increased recoil and didn't consistently eject. I went round and round with several of them on how comp's work etc BUT the Xtremes worked flawlessly with the load I was using. Low recoil, tight groups = perfect for steel. I've also found that The Bullet Works is pretty inexpensive too with their 147's at around $82.00 shipped per 1000. The same Blue is about $75.00 plus shipping. To me, 7 or 8 bucks is not worth more powder, more recoil, blue fingers and what I found was less accuracy.

I have a unique relationship that allows me to purchase Hornady products at a really great deal. Their American Gunner series 147 Grain FMJ tapered bullet's shoot amazing. They are by far my favorite but they are hard to come by as they are "not for resale" and the manufacturers have constant orders in. I just received 5000 last night out of the blue. I requested them in March.

I've ordered 750 more Blues to test because I can get them in a day and alot of the guys I shoot with get sponsor and contingency money using them. I'm now shooting an STI Grandmaster which may yield different results than the G17. I'm passing on the Glock to my son and it would be nice to find a really cheap load for hm to practice. Keeping one shooter shooting is tough enough...

• 1 month later...

Does Acme still offer discount ? Enos10 doesn't seem to be working.

Try it tomorrow.

I bought some and it wouldn't work so I waited a day and it worked.

Maybe it was a fluke but it worked for me.

Does Acme still offer discount ? Enos10 doesn't seem to be working.

Try it tomorrow.

I bought some and it wouldn't work so I waited a day and it worked.

Maybe it was a fluke but it worked for me.

Try ENOS10 in all capital letters.