Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Glock for Production?

CAB33

34. First sights, then play with trigger. If you get a Gen 4 I don't think it needs grip tape. Will want lighter recoil spring, especially if you reload.

Most shots are 3-15 yards, the G34 doesn't do anything better at that distance than a G17.

Maybe for you. I think I shoot the 34 better at 15 yards. Or it could just all be in my head... :goof:

34. First sights, then play with trigger. If you get a Gen 4 I don't think it needs grip tape. Will want lighter recoil spring, especially if you reload.

Most shots are 3-15 yards, the G34 doesn't do anything better at that distance than a G17.

Maybe for you. I think I shoot the 34 better at 15 yards. Or it could just all be in my head... :goof:

Every plastic gun needs grip tape for sweaty hand summertime shooting

Every plastic gun needs grip tape for sweaty hand summertime shooting

Well I shoot all summer here when it's 115 degrees and I don't have any grip tape on mine ;). I do usually wipe off my hands on my shirt or pants during make ready though to be sure they're dry...

Gen 4 17 for me as I prefer the handling of it over the 34 when not running a magwell. I added a factory 34 mag release, Vanek Classic Grandmaster trigger, Warren Tactical sights, Zev guide rod bushing, Wolff guide rod with 11lb spring and a Pearce grip plug. No need for grip tape on gen 4's for me either.

Light recoil spring isn't a necessity to start. I reload and run my 17 with a stock recoil rod and spring. Sights and trigger would be the first two mods and I would do the sights first.

I guess it depends on your reloads. Mine even at @ 135pf will just barely dribble out when using the stock recoil spring. Haven't had a malfunction because of it, but it was a bit distracting as you notice the brass slowly dropping out of the slide. It did make it easy to find your brass all right at your feet :)

I guess it depends on your reloads. Mine even at @ 135pf will just barely dribble out when using the stock recoil spring. Haven't had a malfunction because of it, but it was a bit distracting as you notice the brass slowly dropping out of the slide. It did make it easy to find your brass all right at your feet :)

That is a plus, isn't it :).

If you are a reloader and can download PF, other than expense, what would wrong with a 35 or 41? I realize 45acp would be quite a bit more expensive than 40S&W, just because you don't get much of your brass back. But there usually is plenty of 40 brass at a USPSA match.

I have had the opportunity to shoot both a 40 and 45 at 135PF, it was very pleasant. Not that 9mm at 130PF isn't.

Since no one has said it, G35 gen 3, with KKM 9mm conversion barrel. 3.5 connector. SS guide rod(titanium is better). You will need better sights.

The advantage is, if want to move to a different class change the barrel and magazines and you are shooting limited major. This works for the G22 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since no one has said it, G35 gen 3, with KKM 9mm conversion barrel. 3.5 connector. SS guide rod(titanium is better). You will need better sights.

The advantage is, if want to move to a different class change the barrel and magazines and you are shooting limited major. This works for the G22 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not legal for Production.