Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS Pantera! 9mm Budget conscious 2011 clone

P.E. Kelley

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have an sps open gun sps vista short i will give u the rundown. The frist gun i had would fail to chamber a round and would get light primer strikes, thought it just need to be broke in because the fit was real tight on the gun after 1000 rounds sent it in found it had a mis cut chamber in it, the great customer service as metro arms sent me out a new gun that gun ran flawless accuracy was less then 2 inches at 50 yards, i did put a 90 degree mount on to eliminate casing hitting mount and bouncing back in to the chamber (100 bucks well spent) after about 10000 rounds noticed the grip cracked by mag catch and left top of the grip again metro arms 2nd day aired me a new grip (great customer service) after installing the new grip shout 500 rounds and it cracked again in exact same spot so decided to isntall an sti grip. it did require some mods to work nothing much triger fit alittle to tight and main spring housing was a little shorter so grip safty would not stay in place 2 days later got a sti grip safty installed it and now works fine. The sps mag are ok the 140 run fine the 170 worked fine for about 3000 rounds then started to nose dive tried everything under the sun to make it work again including dawson mag tuning kit no go so got an mbx mag and now works fine all in all is a good gun most of the isues i have had were caused by me and not the gun.

some good updated to do right away are aftec extractor and a dwason mag release saves the ejector. The only downfall is the recoil springs the sps short uses a 4.5 inch slide and a 5 inch barrel so u have to use comander lenth recoil springs the factory spring is a 10 pound but i found a 12 pound works the best for me

• 3 months later...

Pat,

In your opinion is the frame thick enough to tap for a red dot mount? I think this would make a good budget open gun for Steel Challenge.

It should be, it has a long wide frame like an edge, BUT...

Have you seen the Vista? The Vista short is a shorty 9mm open gun, that is already comped. It's only 18 or something if you shop around a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great review, thanks for sharing it. I am very interested in this fun in 9mm. I'm left handed with large hands. Unfortunately I am not able to find a place I can "feel" this gun. Can anyone tell me how this gun compares to the CZ Shadow target? I only shoot production and l'm looking for a good quality 2011 style pistol for around $1,200-$1,500.

Thanks for your help