Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS Pantera! 9mm Budget conscious 2011 clone

P.E. Kelley

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically in the year 2009-2010 Metroarms Corp.(philippines) produce and makes 2011 modular guns for competition (ipsc) it was named MAC2011, the parts, slide,barrel, etc was made in philippines and the frame and plactic grips are made in Texas mainly called the original STI, in the year 2011, Metroarms made a deal with SPS (spain) to produce them the frame and the plastic grip and thats the birth of SPS Pantera.

basically in the year 2009-2010 Metroarms Corp.(philippines) produce and makes 2011 modular guns for competition (ipsc) it was named MAC2011, the parts, slide,barrel, etc was made in philippines and the frame and plactic grips are made in Texas mainly called the original STI, in the year 2011, Metroarms made a deal with SPS (spain) to produce them the frame and the plastic grip and thats the birth of SPS Pantera.

IMG_5104.jpg

mac_0044.jpg

Not that Pat needs it but I was at that match and everything is exactly as described. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the gun at that price point. As good or better than any factory STI I've had my hands on. It ran great on untuned mags and factory ammo. I would have no reservations recommending this gun based on what I saw. Especially for 3 gun or steel challenge.

I don't really like the integrated polymer magwell idea - if you want to change it you have to buy a new STI grip (or VERY carefully grind down the original). I think it would do better to just not come with a flared magwell IMHO.

Other than that though it looks like an interesting value proposition. For the price different between this and an Eagle or Edge you can get your belt/holster/pouches and extra mags.

I have done the grips on a couple of SPS guns. I still have a SPS grip somewhere. I was very impressed with the product. I would not hesitate in the purchase of one. I even bought a couple of the Rock Island high caps and was very impressed with the accuracy. There has been some very accurate pistols come out of the Philippines . I would buy one tomorrow if I was in the market. My dealer was in the 1400 range as well. Great review Pat.

Tommy Roupe

THR Technologies/Roupe Grips

They're being slowly released in 9mm...

.40 came into the country last year (about 500 sold in the US, combined .40 & .45) and 3-gunners are pushing for the 9 after a couple of sponsored shooters were seen with Pantera's last year...

I'll be inquiring about one soon. I did see on Facebook last week that a small shipment came in and to hurry and call to grab one before they're gone again. I think it was either from the Eagle-Importa page.

They're going to keep importing them, as the demand is getting there, but the supply hasn't caught up.

A good thing for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bigbob21

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on them calming down price-wise. Tough to swallow almost sti price for a clone. Might as well spend 300 extra and get the real deal along with the factory backing of sti. I might be missing something though.