Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
PastorJeff

Glock 40 10mm

Just picked a Glock 40 up yesterday. This thing is HUGE!!!

Just curious what all competitions this can be used for?

I'll get some pics up soon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

GSSF heavy metal is one option. I believe you might be able to shoot it in USPSA Production class and definitely Limited/L10. I know nothing about IDPA, so you'd have to get that info elsewhere.

I just looked at the approved production gun list and the G40 is NOT on there. That's a fairly new gun if I'm not mistaken. It may or may not make its way onto the list, but I think it might be too big to fit in the box. It has a 6" barrel if I'm not mistaken and that makes the slide pretty dang long. You could still maybe hit up Lim/L10, but you'd be competing against some damn near race guns.

Glock 40 is too long to fit in the box for USPSA production. 34,35 and 41 are the largest Glocks that will fit. The 40 has the same length barrel and slide as the 17L and 24. I thought about getting one to pull double duty as a limited gun (loading .40 long) and a pig/deer hunting gun. After a few seconds of handling one I knew it was too bulky and heavy for me to effectively use it for USPSA.

Very nice. I have to wonder why you'd chose a 10mm for competition? Those are expensive rounds for doing some running and gunning. I mean, I get it if you need it for bear or other large animal protection, but certainly Glocks are cheap enough to buy, say, a 17 for competition. Not trying to be condescending in any way, just trying to pick your brain.

I didn't choose it for competition. Just curious so I could play around occasionally.

My main guns are g17 gen2 and a cz sp01

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just picked one up,as well and I planned to use a .40 conversion barrel and see how it goes.  If not I'll load with some 200gr hard cast ammo, mount my RmR and go shoot some hogs or coyotes

Need someone to make a chest rig that doesn't cost what the gun cost.  Any insight?

Also you could get a 9mm conversion barrel, red dot sight, and head into an indoor GSSF match under the unlimited division.  Almost like cheating but you could win a gun, so..

On December 22, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Nannyhammer said:

" Need someone to make a chest rig that doesn't cost what the gun cost.  Any insight? " Gunfighter Inc Kenai Chest Holster.

That's what I would like but it does make me wish I was better with kydex, mainly because I'm cheap and I dont know how often I'd actually use it.