Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Budget 1-6x Scope Question

jkatz44

Yes I know the two most popular/high quality "budget" scopes are the Primary Arms as well as the Vortex Strike Eagle. However, I find both reticles busy with the BDC etc. Any budget level scopes out there (and I do mean budget), that are 1-6x but only have like a illuminated dot with crosshair etc?

Let me know if I'm asking for too much..

Budget?? Well......I'll not vouch for the quality, but it's cheap. Just remember, there is a reason why you pay good money for good scopes. Also.....the reticle is not a dot or simple cross hair.

http://www.amazon.com/Monstrum-Tactical-1-6x24-Rangefinder-Reticle/dp/B01AB3T0HY/ref=sr_1_36?srs=8317905011&ie=UTF8&qid=1454993060&sr=8-36

Check out the CCOP 1-6. I just picked one up. I can't speak about durability yet, but it's a pretty nice quality scope for the money. I've seen people say they think it comes from the same place in China that make the Vortex Strike Eagle and the Primary Arms 1-6 scopes. I picked mine up for $189 if I remember right. It has a plane dot reticle with a crosshair etched on the glass. It has capped turrets which is nice when your throwing it in a dump can. The glass is even pretty damn good. On 1x it's got a good eye box and good relief. The only bad thing I can say is the lighted reticle is barley visible in bright sunlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I picked up an Optisan CX6 a few months ago and have been impressed. The reticle is busy, but very well thought out and useful. The lines are extremely fine making it easier on long range targets over the fatter reticles. It's a true 1x as well. I'm liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the Vortex Strike Eagle and I'm totally not impressed. It's good for the money but optical clarity is really poor over 4x even after spending time on the phone with the Vortex rep talking all about the eye piece adjustment which has a non-standard function in this particular scope. My suggest is to stick with a quality 1-4x rather than a budget 1-6x. But there's a possibility that I got a lemon from Vortex. I'll give it a few more matches and if I'm still dissatisfied I'll send it back for them to check out.