Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 155mm "The Little Big Stick"

Foxbat

I've got one of the 155's coming---should arrive tomorrow. Not sure anybody NEEDS one---it's just another option. I'll probably

give it a try on Saturday.

Follow-up. Got the 155 today. Ran about a hundred rounds through it, no problems. Holds 26 re-loadable and I can get

27 in it, but it's really tight. I'll leave it loaded with 25 overnight and see if it settles in a bit.

I think it will get some use. Lots of stages that a few more rounds than a 140 holds will be welcome.

Edited by open17

On the packages of the mags I received there is a note that said the mag catch was cut for "STI standard" (or something like that). I haven't had issues with hitting the ejector, but it is close. Maybe you got one that is cut differently? I had one 170mm MBX that was sketchy (occasional nose dives and weird double feeds) from the get-go, the others I bought have been working fine. I contacted Adrian at MBX and he requested that I send the sketchy mag back, which I did, and got a new mag at the house in a week or so. The new one works well.

I don't know that there is a real need for a 155mm, but I like the idea of having one in the bag "just in case". Can't have too many options! ;)