Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case feeder variable Speed controls

Mine runs fine on both but I just run it on low. With 9, super or 40 it keeps up easily with 1000 rounds per hour+. I can see if you're loading rifle or using it to feed a brass processor or roll sizer you may want more speed. If the hi setting it not enough you need to wire up a trim pot/rheostat to it.

I have a question regarding the 650 case feeder.

Wouldn't it make more sense for a delay in the motor start up? Why have the motor start/stop for 1 or 2 cases. How about a delay so that when the motor starts it would feed 5 or 6 cases?

Just curious. Looking for opinions or experience.

I load .45 ACP at a very comfortable rate and stop to reload my primer tube.

Howard

I thought somebody measured the feeder and, at least for 9mm I think, was something like 3000+ rounds per hour, might have been like 4k. THATS FAST.

I KNOW I have loaded 9mm at a speed of ~2k rounds per hour and the case feeder on high had zero problems keeping up. 2k rounds per hour is smoking fast.

I thought somebody measured the feeder and, at least for 9mm I think, was something like 3000+ rounds per hour, might have been like 4k. THATS FAST.

I KNOW I have loaded 9mm at a speed of ~2k rounds per hour and the case feeder on high had zero problems keeping up. 2k rounds per hour is smoking fast.

Just depriming 45 acp brass, I can do 50+ a minute, which substantiates 3K an hour, and the case feeder keeps up. There's no way in hell I can reload that fast though, powder would be going everywhere and fingers getting smashed. Either as Dillon suggested, there's too many cases or the clutch is slipping too easily.

• 3 years later...

Hi Dpick101:

See my post:

Grandpoobah

• Finally read the FAQs
  •  
  • Classified
  •  
  • 55 Posted May 16 (edited)Tired of Case Pro and Mark 7 Auto Drives out running my Dlllon Case Feeders.

I selected a Rex Engineering motor - #614K44 at McMasters -Carr ($57.80) - as it is a direct replacement - all five motor mountsare the same - goes in with removal of old motor and connection of the two leads to the replacement motor.

Speed is 10 rpm - 9 rpm under load (Dillon is 4/3). Torque is higher.

Only modification is to cut out  a 1" section of the plastic motor compartment cover "slats" to allow for rear of the replacement motor shaft to have clearance.

You do of course have to drill a hole for the 3/4" roll pin and the shaft is case hardened. If you have a mill you are home free.

Works great.

If you have new style case feeders raise the roll pin a 1/16" up to allow clearance for the adjustment plate to the left and above the funnel.

Have a great day.

Grandpoobah in Scottsdale, Arizona