Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPhone PractiScore Differences - Questions?

RaylanGivens

Held a PractiScore training class at our range yesterday... Our Android match tablets were unavailable, so the plan was to use the members phones for the class. For the first time, several of the club members showed up with iPhones... First time I've ever tried to use an iPhone with PractiScore... I was surprised at how many differences there were between the iPhone and Android versions of PractiScore... also have a few questions.

Once we built a stage in iPhone PractiScore, it seemed to be impossible to change the number of targets. We clicked the ">" symbol and then the "-" symbol in from of the target, but it didn't go away... We clicked the "Del" button and the target turned red, but it didn't go away. Our only recourse was to completely delete that stage and start over... Seems clumsy compared to the Android version.

After a match, we use the "View Results" -> "Email All Results" -> "Continue" -> "Save to SD Card" method to save the match results to the tablet. It is easy to upload them to out club web site... Takes about two minutes... Android PractiScore names the saved file according to the name given when creating the match... Works perfectly...

iPhone PractiScore doesn't have this option... Ack... Hard to believe... You can email the results, but not save them to your phone... and the results are always named "MemberResults.zip" or something like that. How do you save the match results directly to a folder/directory on an iPhone version of PractiScore? Seems like something everyone would want to do.

I have to admit... I was shocked to see how different the two versions of PractiScore are.

I was surprised at how many differences there were between the iPhone and Android versions of PractiScore... also have a few questions.

Once we built a stage in iPhone PractiScore, it seemed to be impossible to change the number of targets. We clicked the ">" symbol and then the "-" symbol in from of the target, but it didn't go away... We clicked the "Del" button and the target turned red, but it didn't go away. Our only recourse was to completely delete that stage and start over... Seems clumsy compared to the Android version.

After a match, we use the "View Results" -> "Email All Results" -> "Continue" -> "Save to SD Card" method to save the match results to the tablet. It is easy to upload them to out club web site... Takes about two minutes... Android PractiScore names the saved file according to the name given when creating the match... Works perfectly...

iPhone PractiScore doesn't have this option... Ack... Hard to believe... You can email the results, but not save them to your phone... and the results are always named "MemberResults.zip" or something like that. How do you save the match results directly to a folder/directory on an iPhone version of PractiScore? Seems like something everyone would want to do.

I have to admit... I was shocked to see how different the two versions of PractiScore are.

Which iOS version of PractiScore are you using? The save to folder won't work because on iOS devices you can't access the folders like you can on say a desktop application and there's no SD card on an iOS device.

As far as target editing goes I just tried creating a new match and then adding a stage and targets. I added 14 targets. I then tried swiping left on a target and deleted it using the delete option as did Edit -> delete. In your case had you added any scores before trying to delete the target?

Which iOS version of PractiScore are you using? The save to folder won't work because on iOS devices you can't access the folders like you can on say a desktop application and there's no SD card on an iOS device.

As far as target editing goes I just tried creating a new match and then adding a stage and targets. I added 14 targets. I then tried swiping left on a target and deleted it using the delete option as did Edit -> delete. In your case had you added any scores before trying to delete the target?

Two of them installed PractiScore at the start of the class, so it was the latest version.

I know Apple doesn't have SD cards, but our Android tablets don't have them either and the "Save to SD" Card option still works... Lets you save the match to a folder...

Never thought to swipe to the left... We hadn't added any scores... We got the targets to change to a red background, which seemed to indicate they were deleted... or would be deleted... but they continued to show up on the main stage screen. Easier to delete the stage and start over...

I thought it would be interesting to use the Apple devices, but was shocked at the differences between the two versions of PractiScore...

I know Apple doesn't have SD cards, but our Android tablets don't have them either and the "Save to SD" Card option still works... Lets you save the match to a folder...

The point I was trying to make is that on iOS applications don't have access to the underlying file system like they do in Android.