Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 Vs M1 Compatibility

foehammer4

The Benelli M2 is a warmed over bastardized verson for the M1. The M2 barrel will fit the M1 receiver, (and vice versa). The M2 forearm will fit the M1 barrel, but the M1 forearm will need some slight modifications to fit the M2 barrel, (easy to do). The M2 receiver has been recontoured mostly at the rear where the butt stock meets it, so the shape of the M2 stock will not match the M1 without corners of the receiver exposed. The M1 stock can be shaped to fit the M2 receiver. The M2's "ComforTech" stock has way too much marketing hype stuck to it. Nothing better then a Sims Limbsaver can do on a M1 stock. It does have a nice tectured grip area. Other things I don't like about the M2; the fent rib has been changed to a much lighter, fewer posts and thinner design. Not very strong and will probably get bent if you throw down the gun wrong when you need to ground it in a hurry. The trigger group block is now plastic, with a smaller, hard to reach safety button. Time will tell how long the block will last. Otherwise the rest of the mechanics are the same. As far as I am concerned, Benelli really screwed up a good thing with the M2.

Bevin:

When I was in Italy, I talked to Benelli direct, I told them of the few problems we had encountered so far with the M1, The main one was the roll pin that holds in the shell cut off. I told them I had seen several break and if they went with a solid pin all would be cured, ( did this to mine w/ a modified model 12 Win. pin ). He said that they had NEVER had any problem, even though I had just watched the factory support tech change out a broken pin on one of the Italian team shotguns. ( he was on my squad ). I told him I saw it happen a few times and he said it was because we had modified the gun. I pointed out that the Italian team guys had a "stock" shotgun and his had broke. His reply was "NO IT DIDN'T". Then he said, and I love this comment, "you Americans just must shoot them too much".

Benelli could care less what the shooter thinks or experiences because they build a "perfect" shotgun. This has always been the rub of shooting Benelli. They DON'T support the sport at all, but their shotguns break LESS often than others. I admit I shoot Benelli, but I would never wear one of thier shirts or hats! KURTM

I agree with you Kurtm,

It is a real shame that Benelli won't listen. If Benelli's were perfect, we wouldn't have to modify them so much. But it is a love/hate relationship. When the M1 is set up right, they run long, and they run good!

Because benelli said it would before I bought it. NOT! Speed shooting poppers, the little ones, it does not rise above the popper like my M1 does. It is not as harsh feeling when you put the peddel down. I have a limb saver on my M1, but I feel more in control with the M2. Only time will tell.