Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Steve RA

Lucid L7 1X6

While I haven't seen this one I haven't been impressed by anything that comes out of lucid. It's ok but not spectacular

They are really new. Did you see the 56 ft field of view at 1x at 100 yds? That's not so good.

realizing this is an old post, it's still an issue. ....thatfield of view spec seemed like a misprint or something to me... there's no way it could be so small. So I called them this morning. I spoke with Jason, and he took the time to talk to me while he was out at the range. Well, it turns out the FOV is actually 156 ft @ 100 yards! The 56 ft was a typo that got distributed all over the internet. I'm gonna pick one up and try it out. The reticle looks to be perfect, and illumination doesn't wash out in sunlight according to reviews. The L7 looks to be WELL above similarly priced scopes, like the Vortex Strike Eagle, in terms of quality. I'm gonna grab one in the next week or so for sure.

Edit: purchased already, will be here on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

156 ft? really? That would, as far as I know, make it far and away the largest FOV of ALL scopes out there. The  mighty 1-6 Swaro is 127 ft and that was the biggest FOV I was aware of.....maybe the ELCAN 1-4 was bigger. 156 ft is a pretty big jump up.

156 ft? really? That would, as far as I know, make it far and away the largest FOV of ALL scopes out there. The  mighty 1-6 Swaro is 127 ft and that was the biggest FOV I was aware of.....maybe the ELCAN 1-4 was bigger. 156 ft is a pretty big jump up.

Yes it's a bit hard to believe but that's what I was told. I'm gonna try to verify that once I get it in hand.

On 9/13/2017 at 5:02 PM, Mercs said:

Yes it's a bit hard to believe but that's what I was told. I'm gonna try to verify that once I get it in hand.

Any updates on this FOV?

Sorry, I’ve not updated this. It’s hard to get a photo that shows the scale, but I can say with certainty the FOV is not 56ft at 100 yards. Whenever I bring this setup to the range, people ask me about this optic. Everyone who shoots it loves the blue reticle, as do I. Here’s a photo of the L7 on my rifle, taken right after shooting a few hundred rounds the other day
308cbb15f4e77ba2c36e847c26633772.jpg

Here’s a photo I took at 1x, while I removed my upper for cleaning. I don’t know if this helps or not. The building is a bit over 100 yards away and is 25’ wide. The large pine tree in front of it and to the right of the reticle, is about 50 yards away and is 10’ wide. 4bb23362d6d9778bd4d0688938bfae3e.jpg

Looks to be well over 100'.  Maybe 115-120'.  It's bizarre, even on their own website it says 56'. You would think after all this time they would fix the typo. 56' would be a huge turn off to purchase.

Looks to be well over 100'.  Maybe 115-120'.  It's bizarre, even on their own website it says 56'. You would think after all this time they would fix the typo. 56' would be a huge turn off to purchase.

I don’t understand why it isn’t changed on the website. I personally spoke to the owner about it. He is a marksman for sure, but I guess not savvy on internet marketing. They probably lost a ton of business based on that.