Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW vs SVI ignition kit

JatCarver

I would not hesitate to use either, but my preference would be the EGW kit. I'm not keen on the tri-glide stuff.

I run the EGW kit with the EGW lightened hammer along with a 19lb ISMI mainspring (included). I also use their Ti strut and MSH spring cap with a SS firing pin (in a 70 series gun).

Might put this one in the hunt as well,

Tuned Trigger Group, BCG - Pro Series

http://www.1911store.com/tunedtriggergroupbcg-proseries.aspx

Lots of discussion here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120235&page=2&hl=%2Btuned+%2Btrigger+%2Bgroup%2C+%2Bbcg+%2Bpro+%2Bseries#entry1495191

Edited by Chutist

I use both. Had a couple EGW hammers crack a while back, and those were replaced free of charge. Have not had any problems since. Can't go wrong either way. Both are a lot less work to get a good trigger, and will last a lot longer than other stuff on the market.

I've put this kit in two 1911s with excellent results.

That depends on your skill level and expectations. Some people just drop them in as they are. I stone the hammer hooks, cut them down if necessary, cut the sear relief angle, recut the sear primary angle if necessary, polish all contact surfaces, etc. Same as any other trigger job.

That depends on your skill level and expectations. Some people just drop them in as they are. I stone the hammer hooks, cut them down if necessary, cut the sear relief angle, recut the sear primary angle if necessary, polish all contact surfaces, etc. Same as any other trigger job.

That was my expectations of what it would take to install. If I were to spend the money on a kit I would want to ensure I was maximizing it's potential.

Tri-glide parts are trigger and sear spring. They have the little ball bearings. The hammer, sear, and disco are the same. I've used several of the tri-glide triggers without problems. I don't care for the titanium sear springs though. I use the standard Wolff springs.

Tri-glide parts are trigger and sear spring. They have the little ball bearings. The hammer, sear, and disco are the same. I've used several of the tri-glide triggers without problems. I don't care for the titanium sear springs though. I use the standard Wolff springs.

Ok thanks, I already have a non triglide bow and a Wolff spring so I'm gtg.