Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody shooting the Delta Point Pro in Open?

jnr88

Not yet. It's on my Rimfire Open gun for steel and will be going on my centerfire open when it's finished. I don't have much range time with it yet. Shot one Steel Challenge match last fall with it. I have the 7.5moa triangle. Seems to be plenty bright enough. A bit of a pain to adjust the brightness. The button is right in the line of sight. You have to hold it down for 2 seconds to change direction (brighter to dimmer and dimmer to brighter). Other than that it seems like a solid sight.

I have a deltapoint pro mounted on a new open pistol that I just picked up today. Dot looks good in the day on the two brightest settings and the window is relatively the same size as my RTS2. I have the smaller dot as I had the original Deltapoint before and thought that the 7.5moa triangle was too big.

I do not have the Pro yet, however, I have been running the original Delta Point on my open gun for 4 years now. I use the 7.5 moa delta, and install a fresh battery every spring. It has yet to let me down, or disappoint.

Hey Dave,

I have a Delta Point w/ 7.5 moa on an AK47 I've been thinking about repurposing. Do you have it slide or frame mounted?

Mark

Mine is frame mounted . . . Carver mount. I tried slide mounted once, then tried the mount. I found the dot tracked better on the mount, and I can shoot faster.

Your results may vary :)