Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open minor load recipes ?

Revofan

I run bayou bullets 115's with 6.5grainsbof HS6 at 1.1 and federal small pistol primers. Nice flat gassy minor load.

I tried a 115gr hp at 7gr of hs6 loaded at 1.13. It shot GREAT nice and flat at around 1200 fps but it was very dirty. Here is a pic after just 20 rounds of chrono. Do you have this issue?

post-41841-0-43008300-1458853323_thumb.j

I run bayou bullets 115's with 6.5grainsbof HS6 at 1.1 and federal small pistol primers. Nice flat gassy minor load.

I tried a 115gr hp at 7gr of hs6 loaded at 1.13. It shot GREAT nice and flat at around 1200 fps but it was very dirty. Here is a pic after just 20 rounds of chrono. Do you have this issue?

Yes, it is dirty with the HS6 and bayou combo, but I love the feel of the HS6 in my open guns. Tried other stuff but keep going back to Hodgdon. when i run FMJ it is a bit cleaner, but I have never had malfunctions due to the fouling. I have just accepted that I will have to clean it between matches.

• 2 weeks later...

I run 124 S&S coated bullet with 4.0gr. of WST loaded to 1.150 OAL

What chambering? 9mm or super? What velocity are you getting?

I just tried 4.5 grains of WST under a 125gr JHP in my 9mm and really like the accuracy and how it feels. Have yet to chrono.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't sound like an open minor load but I played around with one today that felt very good and cycled my Glock 17 with sjc 5 port and 11lb Spring.

124 rn xtreme

3.4 grains n310

128pf