Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
PRanta

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Just4FunLP said:

I've been shooting my Accu for about a year and a half now, and I really love it.   I was planning to buy a new one in December, but I guess I should go with the 2.  Hopefully they'll have a Accu version by then.  

 

I've read a lot in this thread, and from what I'm hearing (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the trigger will need some work.  From the list a few pages back most of the internals are the same, so I would assume the trigger on an S2 ordered through CZC with all the bells and whistles will be just as good as my S1.  

 

My first gun was an XDM 5.25.  One thing I noticed with Accu was that the mags seemed to slide right in during reloads.  I had struggled quite a bit with hitting my reloads before then, and the new gun seemed to help a lot. How are the mag changes with this gun, about the same?

 

For me the big question is about how the gun cycles and comes back onto the target.  Is there a noticeable improvement over the S1?   I know this kind of stuff is hard to put into words...

 

Lastly, if the difference isnt all that noticeable, would it make sense to just buy another Accu S1?

 

Thanks. 

You can already buy an Accu S2. It just won't be production legal for a very long time.

 

My S2 has a similar setup to Steppenwolf, and I am getting a 2.75# SA and 7#ish DA. I still need to add in the CGW disco which should drop the DA some more. The ergonomics are worth it for me, but I'm coming from a classic 85C frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked the USPSA web site list of approved guns. 

 

QUOTE:

 

CZ 75 CTS LSP (42.1 oz.), CZ 75 PO7 Duty 9mm 3.8" barrel (27 oz.), CZ 75 Shadow Accu Lite 9mm (38.8 oz.), CZ 75 SP01 Phantom 9mm (29 oz.), CZ P-09 (31 oz.), CZ Shadow 2 4.9 inch bbl 9mm (47 oz.), CZ100 (24 oz.), CZ100B (24 oz.), CZ2075 Rami 9mm & 40 S&W (25.5 oz.), CZ2075 Rami P 9mm & 40 S&W (23.5 oz.), CZ75 (35.3 oz.), CZ75 Compact 9mm (33 oz.), CZ75 P01 (27.2 oz.), CZ75 SemiCompact (33 oz.), CZ75 Shadow Black4.60" barrel (39 oz.), CZ75 Shadow Duo Tone 9mm (39 oz.), CZ75 Shadow T Black4.60" Barrel (40 oz.), CZ75 Shadow T Duo Tone 4.60" (40 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 (41.2 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Accu-Shadow 4.6 barre (42 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Shadow 9mm 4.72" (42 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Tactical (41 oz.), CZ75 SP01 Shadow Target Black4.6 (42 oz.), CZ75 SP01 Shadow Target Duo 4.60 (42 oz.), CZ75B 9mm & 40 S&W (35.3 oz.), CZ75B Stainless (35.3 oz.), CZ75BD (35.3 oz.), CZ75D Compact (28.3 oz.), CZ85 (35.2 oz.), CZ85 Combat (35.2 oz.), CZ85B (35.2 oz.), CZ97B (40.8 oz.)
Various models also come with a 4.80in barrel, the added weight for these models is .176 ounces. 6/28/16--weights changed to 35.3 oz for CZ 75, 75B, 75BD.

 

Looks like we're legal... assuming I keep mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bucky said:

I just checked the USPSA web site list of approved guns. 

 

 

 

Looks like we're legal... assuming I keep mine. 

Why would you not keep yours???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

Why would you not keep yours???

 

Don't know about Bucky. My task is to decide between S2 and CTS LSP, like the S2 grip but the LSP is a lean mean alpha machine.

 

Decisions, decisions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I consider my self a newbie in the CZ world. I shoot both IDPA and USPSA so I am using shadow 1 for both. I doubt IDPA is going to approve S2 for a while if ever. but I have tried the gun and really liked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1911vm said:

Why would you not keep yours???

 

See my post on the previous page.

 

 

Some dry firing and 200 rounds down range and I was bleeding. Grabbing the gun high, and the corner really dug into me. I let a friend of mine put a few rounds through it, and he felt that "corner" digging into him as well, but with only a few rounds he didn't handle it enough to draw blood. Don't think I can shoot a gun that causes me such discomfort. I find it odd that I'm the only one reporting this, as I'd think most of USPSA shooters like to grab our guns very high and tight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the positive difference in grip is the main reason i like the shadow two so much more than the regular sp01 shadow. zero discomfort or rubbing or new callous with the shadow 2.

 

i'm running vz grips, what are you running?

Edited by rowdyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

the positive difference in grip is the main reason i like the shadow two so much more than the regular sp01 shadow. zero discomfort or rubbing or new callous with the shadow 2.

 

i'm running vz grips, what are you running?

 

Is this question to me? I'm running the factory grips that came on the gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes it was. can you show me on a picture where the gun is doing this? just out of my own curiosity, as i have just medium sized hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine the beavertail? Or if he shoots revolver grip then the extended safety I could definitely see causing that blister.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I imagine the beavertail? Or if he shoots revolver grip then the extended safety I could definitely see causing that blister.

 

Yes, it's the corner of the beaver tail that is digging into me. I shoot the very common (for "us") thumbs forward grip, getting as high on the gun as possible. With a 1911, I ride the grip safety, however on the CZ my thumbs are too short to reach the thumb safety (my thumb IS positioned such that if it were longer, I'd be riding it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh. Can you take a pic of your beavertail? Mine is extremely smooth, and I don't know if I could get a blister even if I tried with my current grip. I wonder if maybe yours doesn't have a proper finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky said:

 

Yes, it's the corner of the beaver tail that is digging into me. I shoot the very common (for "us") thumbs forward grip, getting as high on the gun as possible. With a 1911, I ride the grip safety, however on the CZ my thumbs are too short to reach the thumb safety (my thumb IS positioned such that if it were longer, I'd be riding it).

Are you sure it is the beaver tail digging in and not the safety as the slide cycles to the rear?  If you are holding thumb high like a 1911 but your not on the safety my guess is that the safety is getting you.  I don't see the beaver tail doing that to you unless you have very soft hands (not trying to be mean).  Even then you would have to be squeezing hard but still getting a lot of muzzle flip for a smooth surface to leave that kind of blister... at least that's my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

Are you sure it is the beaver tail digging in and not the safety as the slide cycles to the rear?  If you are holding thumb high like a 1911 but your not on the safety my guess is that the safety is getting you.  I don't see the beaver tail doing that to you unless you have very soft hands (not trying to be mean).  Even then you would have to be squeezing hard but still getting a lot of muzzle flip for a smooth surface to leave that kind of blister... at least that's my guess.

 

Its definitely the corner of the beaver tail. I can feel it diggering in just gripping the gun. I'll try to get a couple pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bucky said:

 

Its definitely the corner of the beaver tail. I can feel it diggering in just gripping the gun. I'll try to get a couple pics. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Is the web of your hand pushed up against the frame? Blisters are going to be caused by abrasion so the only way I could see that forming is if the frame is loose in your hand and rubbing against your skin since there's no obvious defect in the frame.

 

The only other thing I can think of which matches your description is that your grip has you rotated more around the right side of the gun so the frame is rubbing against the bone rather than just fat.

 

beb6d3b1088b7c99175095c1551189d5.jpgec0f0ed14b3a07c4dfedfab5f0c507d6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

 

 Is the web of your hand pushed up against the frame? Blisters are going to be caused by abrasion so the only way I could see that forming is if the frame is loose in your hand and rubbing against your skin since there's no obvious defect in the frame.

 

The only other thing I can think of which matches your description is that your grip has you rotated more around the right side of the gun so the frame is rubbing against the bone rather than just fat.

 

The gun is very tight in the hand, maybe too tight. Looking at the pics, I'm higher up on the gun then you. My thumb is coming to rest on the very top of the safety, not the safety ledge, the very top of the safety. As for being more around the right side of the gun, perhaps that is the case. However, I'm just about reaching the trigger in DA mode, so I'd be unable to wrap around any further to the left. 

 

I do appreciate your efforts, but I'm thinking now that perhaps it's just not for me. 

 

~thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bucky said:

 

The gun is very tight in the hand, maybe too tight. Looking at the pics, I'm higher up on the gun then you. My thumb is coming to rest on the very top of the safety, not the safety ledge, the very top of the safety. As for being more around the right side of the gun, perhaps that is the case. However, I'm just about reaching the trigger in DA mode, so I'd be unable to wrap around any further to the left. 

 

I do appreciate your efforts, but I'm thinking now that perhaps it's just not for me. 

 

~thanks. 

 

That is unfortunate! Sounds like it's just not a good fit :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...