Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Ick. Just finished putting the light springs in my new toy so now I can get a feel for the trigger.

Glock-like compared to my Cajunized guns :( . Too much pre-travel & creep. 

Was really hoping to save $ on hammer & disco & sear. 

I got mine post CZC work that they offer when buying the gun.  I feel like the issues you seem to be having don't exist in mine.  I still haven't done anything additional yet either.  Oh, no, it isn't magically feeling like my 1 that has 20,000 rds through it.  But I suspect a certain amount of the difference is the "break in/rd count".

I am thinking of dropping to the 11CGW spring and putting their reduced power TRS in as well. Any opinions on doing that?  I don't want to make it a "federal primer only" gun so want to be careful as I make changes.  I mainly run CCI primers now.... cuz availability Murica!!!  Thanks!

I feel like when you lower the hammer spring to reduce the DA pull it amplifies the SA creep of the factory hammer. 

The S2 disco does have more take up than an after market. 

Still not even close to a glock IMO. 

But sometimes disappointment in something can make you want to describe it worse than it is. 

I'd like to hear how folks out there compare the recoil of the S2 vs S1?

Edited by B_RAD

Just now, B_RAD said:

But sometimes disappointment in something can make you want to describe it worse than it is. 

Where is the fun if you can't exaggerate a bit, particularly if you are an old fart :) . 

Good news is I called CGW & the sear likely will not need replaced on the S2 when I install the hammer.

$'s + I really hate putting the sear cage back together, when I finally do get it all back in one piece right I am never quite sure how I did it. 

31 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

I am thinking of dropping to the 11CGW spring and putting their reduced power TRS in as well. Any opinions on doing that?

As a couple other folks noted, I think the light TRS lets you feel more of the hammer creep (one person described it as making the trigger feel mushy). It is a pretty cheap try it and see though, unless it makes you decide to install a CZC or CGW hammer. 

54 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Ick. Just finished putting the light springs in my new toy so now I can get a feel for the trigger.

Glock-like compared to my Cajunized guns :( . Too much pre-travel & creep. 

Was really hoping to save $ on hammer & disco & sear. 

Yea, the pre-travel is nuts. Same with creep. I'm pretty sure my 85C had less, but at least it's already a very smooth and light pull. Definitely needs a disco + hammer though.

As a couple other folks noted, I think the light TRS lets you feel more of the hammer creep (one person described it as making the trigger feel mushy). It is a pretty cheap try it and see though, unless it makes you decide to install a CZC or CGW hammer. 

Got ya. I already have the competition hammer from CZC though as that was part of the work they did. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

Got ya. I already have the competition hammer from CZC though as that was part of the work they did. Thanks!

That explain why you don't notice the creep we complain about. You should be okay with an 11.5# spring, but it's different for everyone. Only way to tell is to try it.

That explain why you don't notice the creep we complain about. You should be okay with an 11.5# spring, but it's different for everyone. Only way to tell is to try it.

Makes sense. Thanks! I already have all the parts at home since I had them as backup parts for my S1 so I think I will give it try. Thanks again guys!

57 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I think it's the hammer spring that makes for a creepy SA. That's what my trigger finger notices. 

I know the feeling about being annoyed by something. I promise you I'm as bad as anyone!  For instance I HATE the slide contour and cocking serrations on the S2!  

Do I really "hate" them?!  I might!  Ok not really. Though, I prefer the way it's done on other guns. 

Edited by B_RAD

14 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I feel like when you lower the hammer spring to reduce the DA pull it amplifies the SA creep of the factory hammer. 

The S2 disco does have more take up than an after market. 

I'd like to hear how folks out there compare the recoil of the S2 vs S1?

What recoil in a Shadow 2? Really, I am not a big or strong guy and even I can keep this gun amazingly flat and still in my hand. Physics.

14 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

What recoil in a Shadow 2? Really, I am not a big or strong guy and even I can keep this gun amazingly flat and still in my hand. Physics.

I didn't feel any differences between the two. Just wondering if others one recoils more than the other. I could feel the S2 weighs more when picking it up. Just didn't seem to soak up anymore recoil than the S1 to me. Which was weird. 

Edited by B_RAD

The cycling of the gun feels different, true. I have yet to shoot a 4 or 500 round day with mine yet, so not sure if there will be less soreness at the end of the day.

I guess when I think of recoil I don't think of the feel in my hand but rather how the act of the gun going off and moving through its cycle effects the timing of the gun and the movement of the sights.

Not so much the push into my hand.

The Shadow 2 does "feel" different in hand when shooting compared too my Accu.

30 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

The cycling of the gun feels different, true. I have yet to shoot a 4 or 500 round day with mine yet, so not sure if there will be less soreness at the end of the day.

I guess when I think of recoil I don't think of the feel in my hand but rather how the act of the gun going off and moving through its cycle effects the timing of the gun and the movement of the sights.

Not so much the push into my hand.

The Shadow 2 does "feel" different in hand when shooting compared too my Accu.

+1 on the different feel and I might add that with the added weight in the front of the S2 I feel like that is also helping with any muzzle rise.  I haven't run any side by side comparisons yet with my S1 nor would I say it's drastically reduced my splits but it does "feel different".

It is going to be interesting to see how times work out, S2 seems like a second shot winner but I'm not sure about shot 1. 

On a different note, any opinions on the best way to take some bite out of the front strap checkering? 

What are you guys finding on the chrono?  I tested my standard S1 load in my S2 last weekend and found I was about 7 PF higher than I remembered the S1 at.  I have now loaded some rounds with less powder and will try chrono again.  It also could be temperature related, still cold outside here and Silhouette is reverse temperature sensitive.

12 minutes ago, adamge said:

What are you guys finding on the chrono?  I tested my standard S1 load in my S2 last weekend and found I was about 7 PF higher than I remembered the S1 at.  I have now loaded some rounds with less powder and will try chrono again.  It also could be temperature related, still cold outside here and Silhouette is reverse temperature sensitive.

Slightly longer barrel + temperature would explain that wouldn't it?

6 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

less bite? are you serious? i want more! hahaha. i'd like to see the checkering extended further up and down the back and front strap! hahahah

Hey RowdyB!  Why were you not involved in design of the S2?  More checkering the better.  Couldn't agree with you more.  Although what is on the S2 is an improvement on the S1... so baby steps I guess...

So does anyone have a shadow 2 and a stock 2? If so what's your likes and dislikes on both and if you were gonna start from scratch what would you pick. I'm really curious if you guys think the shadow 2 shoots as flat as the stock 2

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

less bite? are you serious?

It is one of those individual things.

Aggressive checkering, and putting all that white shit on your hands to where it looks like you you are prepping for a mime routine, does not do it for me. If my grip is right it is right and when it ain't it ain't.