Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger inserts and stroking an Akai

wishfulshooter

Are there any major advantages to the different trigger inserts that SV offers? Also I should have my Akai(used) next week. I currently know the gun is not stroked. I am going to shoot it for several months before deciding an answer, but I am looking for guys who have shot a stroked Akai sight tracker vs. A non stroked gun sight tracker. I am wanting to know if you notice any major differences. That way while I am shooting and getting use to the gun if I could see any advantages to paying to have the firearm stroked vs. Keeping it stock and saving the money.

Edited by wishfulshooter

Akai Sight tracker very pleasant to shoot just a real nice pistol

Akai Bull Barrel stroked again just a real nice pistol

Both 5" guns, set up same other than island Barrel vs the stroked full slide gun

Plastic grips on both, tried a PT grip very nice quality BUT I didn't like the way the gun "felt" with a metal grip. Purely a feel thing /opinion

I like the plastic grips better

On the clock/timer I don't split the stroked gun any quicker or shoot it any more accurately. Has more of a

push feel than a non stroked gun.

Owning both from the same builder and "my" personal results on the timer doing drills (A class limited shooter)

I don't think it matters, for me, again my opinion, practice has a lot more to do with your success in the shooting sports

than stroking a gun or not

If I was paying to build another gun I would have it stroked BUT if a nice used one came along I wouldn't concern myself with it

In the for what its worth category, I wouldn't send the sight tracker back for stroking

Hope that may help your thought process

Shoot your gun, get used to it and then try and wear it out with GOOD practice

Thanks for the reply Jcc. That was my plan. But was just curious about the option of stroking. Have watched all the videos on it and the logic make sense but I dont know anyone in my area with a stroked gun to be able to compare. Going from a normal slide to a sight tracker is going to be enough to keep my busy for a while without having to worry about any more changes. I am excited to finally be able to try out the world of sight trackers. Cheers and see you on the range.

• 6 years later...
28 minutes ago, chase214 said:

Iv had 2 akai's both open, 9mm full size not stroked and 38sc middy stroked. I enjoyed shooting the non stroked over the stroked the 38sc I have now I put aluminum shok buff in it to destroke it

I appreciate the info… what is it about the stroked that you didn’t like?

Do you thinks it’s a good idea to have it done since you can always put the shock buffs in if I’m unsure? That’s what I’m leaning toward.

In my opinion maybe its the way I shoot but I felt like the stroked pistol didn't track as well as nonstroked , it could be the caliber but both were running similar PF just 9mm I was shooting 115 and 38sc was 124 same powder 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...