Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good News for Carry Optics - 45oz limit !

pmt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, will a revolver now be able to compete as long as it meets the weight restriction?

Skip

CO and single stack.....

The only two divisions where folks are afraid of competition from a revolver. It must be the blazing fast reload they're afraid of.

:) Side bets, loser carries the range bags, buys dinner or liquid refreshment!

I'm just glad to see a slide mounted optic is required.

Finished building my Carry Optics gun this morning.

8_FullSizeRender.jpg

98_FullSizeRender.jpg

A new product I'm bringing to market.

The Ultra-lite Super Gamer carry optics sight.

Ultra light weight.

Easy to adjust.

No batteries to go dead.

No dot failure.

At only $75 it's dirt cheap compared to other slide mounted optics.

Get yours now! (before they change the rules)

;)

Edited by cas

Production purists want to beat people without using an optic. My division has more talent than your division...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your club uploads results to Practiscore you can just look at the combined results. One does not need to actually sign up to shoot CO to beat someone shooting it.

That's what I typically do.

The name should now be changed to Competition Optics! Because continuing to call it "carry optics" is like calling a liberal democrat a progressive. The division had potential, now it's a joke!

Edited by Steve H

It had potential to be a joke, now it is a joke? It's our version of modified, nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of shooters with failing eyes who want to shoot them and that's great. Why did we need to pander to a few manufacturers with the weight limit and pretend this was "carry" oriented.

How about MORE sub divisions! Lightweight CO and Heavyweight CO! ;)

Edited by cas

I don't understand why people want to shoot CO without an optic. If it were a 15 round division, I could see wanting to shoot irons with your Production rig.

What am I missing here?

I would say that it has more to do with some people not wanting to have to buy 2 new guns, mill 2 new slides, and buy 2 optics to have a backup gun if needed. Or if there optic breaks mid match and they have only one gun and now can only use iron sights they are now shooting open. That is just a guess though

And we should let revolvers shoot CO.

1. Who's it hurting? I thought we were following Production rules? I guess not.

2. We ruined revolver to appease the vocal minority, in part under the guise of bringing shooters in from ICORE. Well here's another place for ICORE shooters to join us. Unscrew the comp from your Open gun, put on the cap and shoot CO.

I don't understand why people want to shoot CO without an optic. If it were a 15 round division, I could see wanting to shoot irons with your Production rig.

What am I missing here?

I would say that it has more to do with some people not wanting to have to buy 2 new guns, mill 2 new slides, and buy 2 optics to have a backup gun if needed.

That's what I'm not understanding. Why not just shoot those guns in Production if there is no intent to add an optic?

Thanks LilBunni,

That pretty much answers that question. I was hoping that they would allow them in. Since a lot of the revolver shooters are getting up in years, it seemed like a natural place to allow them in.

Skip

What am I missing here?

I would say that it has more to do with some people not wanting to have to buy 2 new guns, mill 2 new slides, and buy 2 optics to have a backup gun if needed.

That's what I'm not understanding. Why not just shoot those guns in Production if there is no intent to add an optic?

The issue is having a backup gun for major matches. I'm not going to spend all that time and money traveling to a major match just to have my gun break on the first stage and I'm there without a backup gun. Previously I could have used my production gun as a backup to my CO gun, but now I can't. I've been enjoying shooting CO, but not enough to buy two CO guns...

What am I missing here?

The issue is having a backup gun for major matches. I'm not going to spend all that time and money traveling to a major match just to have my gun break on the first stage and I'm there without a backup gun. Previously I could have used my production gun as a backup to my CO gun, but now I can't. I've been enjoying shooting CO, but not enough to buy two CO guns...

I get what you're saying now.

To me it seems with the changes it's now closer to, but not entirely, a Production Optics division. Which in my opinion (which no one asked for and holds no weight or significance) is how it should have been. Just make it Production Optics. This is a game. It's not real life tactical practice for CCW. And if someone wants to shoot it with just iron sights.....who gives a damn. People can shoot Open without an optic, but no one at a high level does because they know it's a disadvantage. For the elite level GM's that are used to shooting with a red dot, I'd be surprised if someone could beat them with iron sights over a 14-20 stage match. But if someone wants to try so be it. But rules are rules.

Bottom line is that you can't please everyone. In it's current form it seems it's generating a lot of interest. While there may not yet be a lot of CO competitors at local matches, there are a lot of people gearing up for it. It's just in its infancy. I think it will grow to be a popular division.

To me it seems with the changes it's now closer to, but not entirely, a Production Optics division.

But it isn't, you have slide cuts with grip reductions neither of which are allowed in Prod. I feel like this division turned into a restricted open.