Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Report: Factory Bianchi Guns

RippinSVT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally put my 9mm Target Master in the Ransom Rest at 50 yards yesterday. This is in typical Illinois gusty wind but im still pretty happy with the results even though I feel I can squeeze out a little more with load development. A little over 1.5" at 50 yards. This is with 4.3gn of VV N320 115gn HAP at 1.135 OAL and Starline brass. Chrono is 1112 fps. Looking forward to the match this weekend at Green Valley!

Stephen

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

FYI, I reverse-engineered the famous Atlanta Arms 115r Elite Match load.

115XTP (effectively same as HAP)

1.075" OAL (short to fit any chamber)

4.8gr of what I'd bet anything is N320, based on looks and velocity

Federal primer

Starline-made ATL case

.374" at case mouth, mild crimp

See you this weekend, TargetMaster vs TargetMaster!

Sounds like a fun challenge! Can't wait! Wow, that load seems a little hot for a metallic pistol but may work a comp pretty well on a open pistol. Any signs of over pressure ?

That's kinda what I thought when I weighed it, suggesting perhaps it's N330, although I can't for life of me understand why a person would want more velocity for a minor load by going to a slower powder. Either way, I replicate it EXACTLY using 3.9gr of Titegroup. My load actually shoots smaller groups typically than the ATL stuff.

Whats the Velocity of the AA Elite?

1100-1150fps

I can't say for certain which powder it is, only that it's a VV powder, and an N-series, in talking to some folks with insider info. N320 seems like the best fit from an accuracy standpoint, being in the Bullseye/TG burn rate.

Hey RippinSVT and The Blade,

How did the big challenge at Green Valley go last weekend? Targetmaster V Targetmaster.

I lost.. I shot a 1792... Considering my last match at the Cameron Cup I shot a 1654 I'm not too disappointed. I forgot to shift my new fangled front site mover on the 20 yard line and dropped 30 points. Lost my grip on the 25 yard barricade and only got off 5 rounds. My highs I shot 470 on the plates. If I can put it all together by next month for the GV match I think I stand a chance for a good score. I owe Kyle a candy bar or something , maybe a beer at the Cup.

Stephen

Hey RippinSVT and The Blade,

How did the big challenge at Green Valley go last weekend? Targetmaster V Targetmaster.

I lost.. I shot a 1792... Considering my last match at the Cameron Cup I shot a 1654 I'm not too disappointed. I forgot to shift my new fangled front site mover on the 20 yard line and dropped 30 points. Lost my grip on the 25 yard barricade and only got off 5 rounds. My highs I shot 470 on the plates. If I can put it all together by next month for the GV match I think I stand a chance for a good score. I owe Kyle a candy bar or something , maybe a beer at the Cup.

Stephen

We would've shot almost the same score had it not been for your sight flub (1822 v 1831). I was struggling on the barricades and practical with POI shift, as compared to my personal barricade and severely downhill range. lol. Went from shooting 470's to 450's chasing my groups all around, lots of 8's and few 5's, also shot a 470 on plates. :angry2: I need to get back down there and practice on GV's barricades, I'm gonna have to change my grips for left and right sides it seems. Fun match though!

• 3 weeks later...

As long as your POI shift is consistent, just hold where you need to sink them in the x and you're good. I developed a shift while I was at the practice range one year. I was throwing shots high right at 25 and 35 on the right side. I didn't have time to figure out the problem so I just held low left at the edge of the x ring. Worked well as I shot 48 x's that year. Might be worth a try.

Yeah I tried that on a whim at Show-Me Cup and turned a 478 into a 448. Lol. I'm currently trying to decrease my tension on the barricade so I can shoot more consistently on different ones. My barricade at home tends to dampen the bounce...at GV I'm bouncing everywhere trying a hard hold. At the end of the day yesterday I tried a light hold and cut the X out, so I'm gonna tune that method.

Sounds like your POI shift is not consistent.

I grip the gun on the barricade so hard that the metal cuts my fingers. That's why I wear gloves.

I don't push or pull on the barricade. I keep my support arm straight. That way, any movement in the barricade is dampened by my shoulder.

Kevin that's how I shoot my Open gun, but for Metallic/Production I'm struggling to get back to the mid-470's I was shooting with an iron sighted gun. Strangely, I sort of preferred my Glock 34 to my 1911's on the barricade, I guess it was the grip angle.

On the Barricade Coatsie calls it GLF, Grip Like F$%#. Remember 48x's is not life and death, it is far more important than that.

Works every time for Open,

However for metallic, the grip should be the same for standing as using the barricade. You have to have control of the gun, without gripping so tight you are shaking. Just use the barricade for support, to stabilize the gun quickly before you shoot the next shot. Press against, not too firmly and not too floppy, but located well, do not try and drive the barricade forward too hard as this makes the gun come back and usually up too quickly as you release the stored energy (spring) you induced into the barricade. Newton wins again. Don't fight the barricade, just use it to your advantage. Bit like the Force.

Kevin that's how I shoot my Open gun, but for Metallic/Production I'm struggling to get back to the mid-470's I was shooting with an iron sighted gun. Strangely, I sort of preferred my Glock 34 to my 1911's on the barricade, I guess it was the grip angle.

Sorry. Got the impression you were talking about open.

• 4 weeks later...

Louis's 9mm load is 4.4gr Titegroup, Starline Brass, 115gr Zero conical bullet with Federal small primers. His 50yd group of 6 shots you can cover with a Quarter. That is from his Wilson Combat gun. We tested his old gun too and it groups the same. These were shot from a ramson rest.

Sydney's 38 super load is 4.7 gr. Titegroup, Starline Brass, 115gr. Zero Conical Bullet Federal small primers. Her gun shoots a group at 50yds you can cover with a quarter as well.

I built her and Louis old guns.

• 2 months later...

Even though there hash't been activity on this thread in a couple months, I would like to jump in on this conversation with a question. I am in the process of moving from Production to Metallic and have also purchased a Targetmaster. I appreciate the load data and experiences that have been shared to this point. The load data are not too dissimilar from what I am currently using in my Production Glock 34 (4.3 gn TG, FC brass, CCI SPP, 115 Zero JHP, 1.15 OAL).

My question is for the folks that have already made the switch to the Targemaster. What magazines have you been using? Tripp? Metalform? Wilson Combat? Other? Have you noticed any issues with particular magazines?

Look forward to your input...