Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Report: Factory Bianchi Guns

RippinSVT

That's an awesome group and to think you did that by sight! I spoke earlier of the initial failure to feed but after round 160 it cleaned right up. I put a little tighter crimp as well which helped. Last 120 rounds was flawless.

Stephen

Edited by The Blade

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_2161.jpg

3.7gr of TG, 115gr Zero (HAP's and XTP's shoot as good), Federal primer, good brass (this was Lapua I think), loaded 1.13-1.15"

This was 6 at 50yards, 1.19", the smallest iron-sight pistol group I've ever fired from any gun with any load at 50. This load also shoots bugholes in the 6" Trojan 9mm too, solidly sub-1" at 25yds. I don't even mess with 9mm load development anymore, I just go straight to this load and tweak OAL.

What speed are they flying at? You need at least 1050 fps to make power factor with 115's.

• 2 weeks later...

Blade had some failures to chamber when I was loading for ipsc. Check oal as suggested, which did not help my problem at the time. With the match barrel I added using a single stage press to taper crimp my cases after loading on my square deal. This solved the problem for me all worked great afterward.

You'll have to be careful if you shoot the Bianchi Cup. They use a worn-out 4" 38 super barrel to chrono the loads for 38 super, 38 Super Comp & 9x23! I got called to the chrono the last few times I went with the 9x23 and with a 125 gr bullet in my 6", it shot way over the floor with the first shot! Their "test" gun was WAY below the required 120 PF. Makes me giggle every time I think about those days. :cheers:

You'll have to be careful if you shoot the Bianchi Cup. They use a worn-out 4" 38 super barrel to chrono the loads for 38 super, 38 Super Comp & 9x23! I got called to the chrono the last few times I went with the 9x23 and with a 125 gr bullet in my 6", it shot way over the floor with the first shot! Their "test" gun was WAY below the required 120 PF. Makes me giggle every time I think about those days. :cheers:

+1

I shoot 4.3gr Titegroup and get 1170 out of a 6 inch KKM. Thats a screaming fast barrel.

Hey guys,

My Target Master has been flawless since I worked on the crimp. Just when you think you have enough crimp a little bit more did the trick and they seat all the way down in my Hundo. Can't wait to put it in the rest at 50 yards in a few weeks. I chrono'ed my load the other day and averaged 1070 with the 115HAP and 4.2 gn. That's flirting with disaster so I'm going to bump it up till I'm closer to 1100. The Brazos Pro Series trigger kit I installed is just icing on the cake.

Edited by The Blade

I chrono'd my load today (been dropping 3.9gr of TG, I stated 3.7 before) with a 115 Zero in my 6" STI. Was running right at 1100 consistently. Funny thing is, in the warmer weather I was doing 1170fps consistently. Seems like a big jump for 20 degrees. Who cares, I shot 1890 today :goof: .

For a 9 mm, 115 gr bullet at 1150 fps the bullet drop from the muzzle to 50 yrds is 3.77 inches. If your zero setting is 25 yrds, the bullet will impact 1.3 inches lower at 50 yrds. If your zero setting is 50 yrds the bullet will impact .65 inches higher at 25 yrds.

For a 9 mm, 115 gr bullet at 1150 fps the bullet drop from the muzzle to 50 yrds is 3.77 inches. If your zero setting is 25 yrds, the bullet will impact 1.3 inches lower at 50 yrds. If your zero setting is 50 yrds the bullet will impact .65 inches higher at 25 yrds.

Bingo. I zero dead at 50, never and issue keep them in the X all the way back. I played with the 3-position and never move it from the 50 setting.

There may however be a different point of aim if going prone, as the gun heals up from the ground, this will depend on actual shape, height and angle of the prone pad, but I have found I need to come down about 1/2 turn on the rear sight when prone at 50 over standing at 25Y.

I finally put my 9mm Target Master in the Ransom Rest at 50 yards yesterday. This is in typical Illinois gusty wind but im still pretty happy with the results even though I feel I can squeeze out a little more with load development. A little over 1.5" at 50 yards. This is with 4.3gn of VV N320 115gn HAP at 1.135 OAL and Starline brass. Chrono is 1112 fps. Looking forward to the match this weekend at Green Valley!

Stephen

post-27844-0-00501200-1458133792_thumb.j

Edited by The Blade

this is the load of Thomas Svenson, one of the best PPC shooters in europe, he is shooting truncated cone bullets

Ammotech Tc 0.356 from Reimer Johanssen in germany or ammotech direct, 4,7gr N330 OAL 29,0. Will shoot realy good in a 6" 1/16 barrel.

his formula for crimp (2x case thickness + bullet diameter) - 0.02mm (we are metric guys ;-) )

his SIG X6 with ray pulver barrel shoots sub 1" on 50meters

gr T

I finally put my 9mm Target Master in the Ransom Rest at 50 yards yesterday. This is in typical Illinois gusty wind but im still pretty happy with the results even though I feel I can squeeze out a little more with load development. A little over 1.5" at 50 yards. This is with 4.3gn of VV N320 115gn HAP at 1.135 OAL and Starline brass. Chrono is 1112 fps. Looking forward to the match this weekend at Green Valley!

Stephen

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

FYI, I reverse-engineered the famous Atlanta Arms 115r Elite Match load.

115XTP (effectively same as HAP)

1.075" OAL (short to fit any chamber)

4.8gr of what I'd bet anything is N320, based on looks and velocity

Federal primer

Starline-made ATL case

.374" at case mouth, mild crimp

See you this weekend, TargetMaster vs TargetMaster!

Stephen

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

FYI, I reverse-engineered the famous Atlanta Arms 115r Elite Match load.

115XTP (effectively same as HAP)

1.075" OAL (short to fit any chamber)

4.8gr of what I'd bet anything is N320, based on looks and velocity

Federal primer

Starline-made ATL case

.374" at case mouth, mild crimp

See you this weekend, TargetMaster vs TargetMaster!

Sounds like a fun challenge! Can't wait! Wow, that load seems a little hot for a metallic pistol but may work a comp pretty well on a open pistol. Any signs of over pressure ? Edited by The Blade

this is the load of Thomas Svenson, one of the best PPC shooters in europe, he is shooting truncated cone bullets

Ammotech Tc 0.356 from Reimer Johanssen in germany or ammotech direct, 4,7gr N330 OAL 29,0. Will shoot realy good in a 6" 1/16 barrel.

his formula for crimp (2x case thickness + bullet diameter) - 0.02mm (we are metric guys ;-) )

his SIG X6 with ray pulver barrel shoots sub 1" on 50meters

gr T

The Pulver barrel has got a lot to do with that. They are superb.