Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting classified

chuckpetree

Just wondering the procedure on getting classified in action pistol is anymore. Went to NRA's website, but was not really much help. I called the number suggested and was told to call another number and another number. Just want to find a right path to follow and get it done. Thanks

At our local range you get classified on your first match. I'll usually receive a card in a month or 2, you'll receive a new classification for every class you shoot in. I can't remember how many times you have to shoot a higher classification before they move you up.

From the rule book.

19.16 Establishing Classification.- A competitor will be offi-

cially classified by the NRA when the total score for a minimum of

144 shots has been reported.

So you need to shoot an approved or registered match that has 144 shots in it. Probably by end of March to have a classification in time for Bianchi, if thats what you are trying to do.

Edited by DWFAN

I would see if Columbia is going to send in scores from their March match. That would be ideal, and you would get to shoot on the Bianchi range before may. Maybe Grant or Helen will see this and chime in.

Yes, Bianchi, Flagler. I had read about a temporary classification book as well. Guess that is why I was wondering. Might have to do some traveling from the Rockford, IL area as well to get classified before then. lol

Thanks

You could use your score from Flagler or another approved match as a temp classification for Bianchi if NRA doesnt get it through in time. I've seen that work out. (But now that Tom is gone.. who knows)