Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics

Onepocket

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry man, you have a legit question.

I wasn't in this game last time a provisional became permanent.

I strongly suspect it is just a formality of WO becoming permanent. Might get some rule tweaks, but if they sacked WO now after a few guys sunk money into equipment, those guys would sh!t a meat axe.

Seriously, how long is the test flight?

Even though I will not shoot CO (politically correct name) my question is how this effects you personally? Will it take a match or shooting opportunity away from you or will it effect you in some way that it is detrimental to USPSA?

Curious minds want to know

I could care less, one way or the other. Carry Optics does not affect me in any way, since I have no plans to leave open.

Having said that, there has yet to be any participation at the two monthly matches I shoot. I believe this is partly due to it being provisional . . . people reluctant to spend the money on a maybe. Perhaps it will become more popular if, and when, it becomes an official division.

Even though I will not shoot CO (politically correct name) my question is how this effects you personally? Will it take a match or shooting opportunity away from you or will it effect you in some way that it is detrimental to USPSA?

That brings you back to the too many divisions debate. That one has been kicked around a whole lot in other threads.

I'm surprised this thread was even allowed, seems like a troll to get people irritated?

I don't see how this division hurts anyone, so why even care,....if not just to rile up some folks??

I'm surprised this thread was even allowed, seems like a troll to get people irritated?

I don't see how this division hurts anyone, so why even care,....if not just to rile up some folks??

It makes bullies feel good about themselves

I shoot it, I have been shooting it since before it was even provisional. My wife shoots it too. Most we have had is 4 (not including my wife) CO shooters at a local Thursday night match. Several times we have had 3 (not including my wife). Neither of the matches above did she shoot.

I get a lot if interest and questions at matches. I think several are waiting for the rules to be finalized before they jump in.

But then again, Florida is full of us old folks with bad eyesight :)

So there ya go. Maybe it is more of a regional thing. We like it here in Florida

No Humbre. Let them Beat up on me I can take it.

I agree.

Personally, I think it's way too early to start whining about CO. It's winter fer gosh sakes. Lots of people who might be thinking about trying it out haven't had time to see a few guns in person, and then commit to setting up their own rig. If participation is still minimal later in the summer, then come back and cry a little and I'll cry with you and hold your hand.

Note that I was not in favor of making a new provisional division until there was a clearly demonstrated demand (more than 7 loud people on the internet), but now that it IS provisional, I'm not in favor of taking it away until it's had a legitimate chance.

Edited by motosapiens