CZ 75/SP01 Comprehensive Grip information post

Vanniek71

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got that set of XCel grips in today. The pics were deceiving. They are pretty much the same profile as my vz tactical diamonds...

post-50821-0-74097800-1459194427_thumb.j

VZ on left, Xcel on right.

Additionally, I am not sure how I am going to like the pattern on them... well, I like the pattern, just not sure how grippy they are going to be.

post-50821-0-74097800-1459194427_thumb.j

I'll install them on my dryfire gun tonight and run them for a bit. They do have a return policy, so I can send them back if I hate them.

We'll see.

EDIT: Not sure how I double posted that one photo, nor can I figure out how to fix it.

post-50821-0-13904600-1459194418_thumb.j

Edited by tha1000

Got that set of XCel grips in today. The pics were deceiving. They are pretty much the same profile as my vz tactical diamonds...

attachicon.gifGrips2.jpg

VZ on left, Xcel on right.

Additionally, I am not sure how I am going to like the pattern on them... well, I like the pattern, just not sure how grippy they are going to be.

attachicon.gifGrips2.jpg

I'll install them on my dryfire gun tonight and run them for a bit. They do have a return policy, so I can send them back if I hate them.

We'll see.

EDIT: Not sure how I double posted that one photo, nor can I figure out how to fix it.

Thanks for sharing these with everyone and doing the review on them. I was hoping they would be different giving everyone another option to choose from.

I'm most likely going to take my checkering file to them before I run them in a match. Practice tomorrow will determine that. But yeah, they're pretty much identical spec to the vz, perhaps a little flatter across the back, but certainly no thicker or any more curved.

I'm most likely going to take my checkering file to them before I run them in a match. Practice tomorrow will determine that. But yeah, they're pretty much identical spec to the vz, perhaps a little flatter across the back, but certainly no thicker or any more curved.

So to update. The grip pattern on these grips is awful. Might as well not even have a pattern, but I think it could be easily fixed with a file or dremel. The bad news is that the internet says g10 will ruin a file and your lungs... so I guess I'm going to send them back to the manufacturer for a refund.

Well. Got the Toni system grips in. And love them. They are a bit heavy. I need to weigh the pistol/mag to make sure I am legal. The grips weigh 42.5 grams each. So 85 grams total. Vs the 48 grams from the czc thins ...

Has anyone used the Hogue grips? If so, how do they compare in thickness to the VZ's?

Which Hogues? I have tape on a set of the smooth aluminum, they are a bit thicker than the VZs. I have a set of the Hogue rubber (cut the finger grooves off to make two panels. They are very similar to the VZ. If I get time and remember I can measure them.

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered the regular LOK Bogey grips yesterday. I then read about the new ones you guys are working on. I will give them a shot. They sound like they have a pretty good guarantee that you will be satisfied.

How did you like these? Is there any curvature at all, or is it really flat? I saw their newer ones but they might be too much palm swell for my small hands.

I just ordered the regular LOK Bogey grips yesterday. I then read about the new ones you guys are working on. I will give them a shot. They sound like they have a pretty good guarantee that you will be satisfied.

How did you like these? Is there any curvature at all, or is it really flat? I saw their newer ones but they might be too much palm swell for my small hands.

Every other g10 grip out there is flatish.. i would assume those are no different.

Every other g10 grip out there is flatish.. i would assume those are no different.

I figured as much too but a hands on opinion never hurts. I'll just order them and see what I think.

Looks like the palmswell grips are live. Just ordered two sets.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/palmswell-bogies-black/

These look awesome. I'm not sure I'd want even bigger than the rubber grips but who knows, with the thumb relief maybe it wouldn't be an issue for smaller hands.

Here's a good look at these: http://www.imgrum.net/media/1243066428228172994_2159994158

Edited by rpacker

Sorry to be late to this, but I have been super busy so I have not had time to post the comments about the mag relief. We ended up doing a total of 11 revisions to get with what we thought was right without sacrificing the grip above the mag relief. There will be what I call a half relief option that is cut on the angle you see in the instagram photo and there will be a full relief that I will post a you tube video to once it is uploaded. I ran a full set at the Battle in the Blue Grass with no relief and had no issues. I ended up taking several pre-orders off that match. Upon returning from the Bluegrass we worked over several changes to the relief cuts. I ended up running the half relief as posted in the instagram photo in a 2 day class I taught last weekend. I personally had to remove some sharp edges due to the aggressive checkering. I have had several of the prototypes in hands of several B class shooters, a few Ms, and one of our local GMs. Almost all of them are ordering them. On Monday I was able to try out the full relief on several transition drills. I finished with a personal best of 2:37 on 4 Aces with multiple runs under 2:50. I tried the same drill with the full grips on and could not get on the magazine button as fast. I personally don't like to flip the gun, but others might prefer these due to how they reload. I have not had the past issues I had on index due to missing a draw. I will have these for sale on my website or at matches in central, IL at the same price Jayson at LOK grips is selling for. Jayson is not a regular in competition pistol and doesn't follow the enos forums, so I will try to answer most the questions if there are any on these. After running all three models I will be running the half relief as depicted in the instagram photo.