CZ 75/SP01 Comprehensive Grip information post

Vanniek71

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am hoping these show up tomorrow and I can get to the range for a test run. I plan on running through a ton of different drills on Saturday morning and will have a few other cz shooters with me, so I will get their recommendations to the manufacture as well. Should have most the feedback to them by Monday.

Has anybody ever seen/used any of the G10 grips by EXEL? They sell on amazon under EXEL and on ebay under EZ-grips. They have a couple of models that appear to be less flat than the vz's and lok's... If not, I ordered a set to check them out. Will post up when they arrive.

Has anybody ever seen/used any of the G10 grips by EXEL? They sell on amazon under EXEL and on ebay under EZ-grips. They have a couple of models that appear to be less flat than the vz's and lok's... If not, I ordered a set to check them out. Will post up when they arrive.

I have been a little busy, but finally had some time to add some better visual aids for the new LOK grips. Attached are some of the pictures the new LOK grips were molded after, with some improved changes to the locking in the back and texture. I ran these wooded one's all last year with the grip tape as there were the best grips I have ever had on my CZ with good palm swell (1.485 thick on the gun). I used to run the thick lemon graters.

When you get the EZ please share what the thickness they are across the gun.

post-38010-0-74884900-1458695780_thumb.p

post-38010-0-84333600-1458695796_thumb.p

post-38010-0-72464600-1458695835_thumb.j

post-38010-0-42164900-1458695855_thumb.j

post-38010-0-60669200-1458695880_thumb.j

post-38010-0-33555100-1458695908_thumb.j

post-38010-0-77967700-1458695930_thumb.j

post-38010-0-23022800-1458695958_thumb.j

The prototype is in and it feels great. I know there were questions about something more aggressive on the texture, however even with no pro grip these are locking down harder than my old VZ diamond backs did and any other grip I had on my CZs. That will be something I will let others judge when they handle this weekend at the range. There will be a few modifications, like adding more checkering to the back of the grip (1-2 more rows), an option for a mag button relief cut, and probably take some material off towards to the top of the grip (feels a touch too thick there, or just needs some of the aggressiveness of the stippling knocked out; I took a small file to a few of the high points). LOK Grips has done a great job on these and I could not ask for a better company to work with. Once they compile the recommended changes over the weekend it will be a few weeks before they go into full production mode. I will have these on my gun at the next club match and at the Battle in the Bluegrass for anyone wanting to check them out.

post-38010-0-61440000-1458781519_thumb.j

post-38010-0-88616000-1458781528_thumb.j

post-38010-0-47883500-1458781538_thumb.j

post-38010-0-28111800-1458781547_thumb.j

post-38010-0-54805800-1458781557_thumb.j

post-38010-0-56064000-1458781568_thumb.j

post-38010-0-53841100-1458781580_thumb.j

post-38010-0-77306600-1458781589_thumb.j

post-38010-0-51462900-1458781598_thumb.j

post-38010-0-98689800-1458781608_thumb.j

post-38010-0-21881800-1458781618_thumb.j

post-38010-0-84608200-1458781626_thumb.j

post-38010-0-51244000-1458781634_thumb.j

I have to use the Hogue wrap around grips because they were the thickest I can find. The grip on the SP-01 is just too small. With the aluminum grips on it, my right ( strong) hand can wrap all the way around it leaving no room for proper grip.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_89_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acz+sp01+grips%2Cp_89%3AHogue&keywords=cz+sp01+grips&ie=UTF8&qid=1458838358&rnid=2528832011

Those aren't production legal unless there's been some rule change in unaware of

I used the same ones on my Beretta that I shot for a few years, never heard they were illegal. I will look over the production rules again to see. Are you referring to Appendix D4 21.4? It isnt a sleeve. it isnt stippled or textured other than the areas allowed. The part under the trigger guard is smooth.

And if they are illegal, what are the thickest possible grips I can get? I even had to build these out with some card board under the grip.

changes the profile of the gun, ie goes from no finger grooves to finger grooves...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94602&hl=%2Bhogue+%2Bwraparound+%2Bproduction+%2Blegal

The thickest so far are those $126 euro jobs, with the prototype LOK's in second. You could always run the hogue panels and cut the finger grooves piece out... i.e. make two seperate panels and see if that works for you.

edit to add:

I am purely going by what I've read here and on other forums, the rules may have been changed at some point. I don't know. I am not an RO nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Edited by tha1000

changes the profile of the gun, ie goes from no finger grooves to finger grooves...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94602&hl=%2Bhogue+%2Bwraparound+%2Bproduction+%2Blegal

The thickest so far are those $126 euro jobs, with the prototype LOK's in second. You could always run the hogue panels and cut the finger grooves piece out... i.e. make two seperate panels and see if that works for you.

edit to add:

I am purely going by what I've read here and on other forums, the rules may have been changed at some point. I don't know. I am not an RO nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Well.. Crap..Maybe Ill just move to L-10 for a while.

Cracked my second set of Copper's this past weekend. Back on the hunt for a palm swell grip that is grippier than the factory rubber/plastic...

Looks like the SSI Scales are topping the charts at 1.334... might try those.
I've got some Toni systems grips that are wider, I haven't had time to put them in here yet. I'll do it tonight.

They have a palm swell too

15fbc9abc815f094d8e94323a30c2b9a.jpg

Here are the dimensions:

665575dd12c2897d14bb7ca46f991f0e.jpg

546c039c34ad3331822b9d87246c1b6c.jpg

Are these production legal. DGA says they are not IPSC production legal.

edit to add:

As I said earlier the LOK were based off the 40th Anniversary Profile. Before getting too crazy I contacted my section coordinator, whom is also a Range Master, and he got Troy's blessing that these were good for USPSA PRD division.

As far as the Hogue grips go with finger grooves, this topic has been argued a lot back and forth. There was a guy on my squad at Production Nationals with the Finger groove hogues that had got pulled to the side by one of the range masters to discuss the legality of his grips. I know at the end of nationals he and the rangemaster were talking to the guys from CZ to determine if they had ever been put on any factory gun. I wish I remembered his name to find out if he got officially bumped to open. I do know he was quite frustrated as someone in his section had told him he was good to go. I have never seen an official ruling from DNROI saying they are legal.

Edited by JHicks8h

edit to add:

As I said earlier the LOK were based off the 40th Anniversary Profile. Before getting too crazy I contacted my section coordinator, whom is also a Range Master, and he got Troy's blessing that these were good for USPSA PRD division.

As far as the Hogue grips go with finger grooves, this topic has been argued a lot back and forth. There was a guy on my squad at Production Nationals with the Finger groove hogues that had got pulled to the side by one of the range masters to discuss the legality of his grips. I know at the end of nationals he and the rangemaster were talking to the guys from CZ to determine if they had ever been put on any factory gun. I wish I remembered his name to find out if he got officially bumped to open. I do know he was quite frustrated as someone in his section had told him he was good to go. I have never seen an official ruling from DNROI saying they are legal.

ok great. But are the Euro ones USPSA production legal? the guy said they were not IPSC legal.

The prototype is in and it feels great. I know there were questions about something more aggressive on the texture, however even with no pro grip these are locking down harder than my old VZ diamond backs did and any other grip I had on my CZs. That will be something I will let others judge when they handle this weekend at the range. There will be a few modifications, like adding more checkering to the back of the grip (1-2 more rows), an option for a mag button relief cut, and probably take some material off towards to the top of the grip (feels a touch too thick there, or just needs some of the aggressiveness of the stippling knocked out; I took a small file to a few of the high points). LOK Grips has done a great job on these and I could not ask for a better company to work with. Once they compile the recommended changes over the weekend it will be a few weeks before they go into full production mode. I will have these on my gun at the next club match and at the Battle in the Bluegrass for anyone wanting to check them out.

I was able to test the LOK Grips over the weekend and I am very impressed. I did have to take some material off the grip up top as it was really digging in around just below my thumb, and not from the aggressive checkering. I took a small file and removed some material from the grip, and rounded off the ledge. LOK Grips golf ball checkering is very aggressive. It was more aggressive than I thought it would be by the pictures. That being said it is the most aggressive he offers at this time, but from using the diamondbacks from VZ in the past I think they offer as much texture and grip. I am overnighting the grips back to Jayson so he can make the necessary changes and get these manufactured. We want to reduce some material up top, but also keep the aggressive texturing there, so he will make some mods in his programming on the CNC machine. He will also add some more texturing to the back of the grip and start working on a mag button relief cut as an option. The grips lock very tight on the gun, comparable to the quality of the VZ engagement with the frame. I seen sloppiness with the factory plastic grips, so we wanted to avoid that and maintain quality. Pricing will be very good on these. He is looking at charging $65 for these grips through his website. He had to add $5 to his normal CZ grips due to the requirement of a thicker sheet of G10, but I'd say that is VERY reasonable for the quality of these.

He is supposed to cut me another set for the Battle in the Bluegrass, as I will be mailing these back to him. I will post when I know for sure I will have those at the match, so anyone that wants can check them out.

awesome. i'll try a set when they go live. I should have a set of VZ's and that set of generic ebay grips arriving today. Not sure I'll have time to get the EZGrips installed and measured today, but will hope to get some pics up some time tomorrow.

Again, I'm not a RO, but the measurements above show them at 156mm thick on the gun, I believe 165 is the thickness limit for production. I know nothing about the IPSC rule set, so I cannot venture a guess as to why they are not IPSC legal.

I just ordered the regular LOK Bogey grips yesterday. I then read about the new ones you guys are working on. I will give them a shot. They sound like they have a pretty good guarantee that you will be satisfied.