Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 International Revolver Championship. (Frostproof FL.)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am certain that I will be attending this year, unless Murphy decides to ruin it for me somehow. I hope to meet a lot of you guys and have a great time. I think some of the guys from my local club and I are going to help support the match as staff. Looking forward to this, now I just have to practice more... a lot more.

Looks like the match will be shot on Saturday and Sunday. I wonder if it will be half day formats like past IRC's or if you chose one day or the other. Also looks like the man on man usually held on Sunday might not even happen if the match is being shot on Sunday. Probably not set up to shoot classifiers like before. I guess time will tell when the entries come out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you crazy wheelgunners!!

I should have chimed in here earlier but just haven't made the time.

I will be the MD for the IRC this year and we are happy to have it at USA! I just completed a lot of updates to the website including opening registration this morning. You can find lots more info here: http://www.universalshootingacademy.com/matches/2016-international-revolver-championship/

Some highlights:

12-15 stages

Schedule options are All Day Friday OR all day Sat, half day Sunday.

Plan is to finish shooting by noon on Sunday. Food, beer, awards, prize table to follow and be wrapped up NLT 3pm.

No Near to Far Standards

Steel challenge and action steel type stages

Many large field courses

A couple surprises

No shoot off

Marc Weir is the Range Master and is handling staff. If you are interested in working the match the info is on the website.

We will have a 4 stage classifier match on Thursday. Details to come.

There will be an RO Class Thursday afternoon at the range. Details to come.

Match T-shirt, lunch on the days you shoot, and goodie bag included with entry.

Guess that's it for now. I'll try to pop back in here frequently but be sure to follow our website and facebook for latest information.

Shannon

If anyone has any insight, ideas, hook ups or contacts for sponsor and prize table donations I would love to hear them. I have a contact from ICORE that is going to assist me and I have many contacts in the industry. But always good to expand your network when you can and I'm sure many here know companies associated with revolvers and revolver shooters I may not be aware of. It all goes back to the shooter so anything you guys can do will benefit the shooters. Thanks!

Also, also.

I will be at Single Stack and Revolver Nationals this week. If anyone there has any thoughts, ideas, comments, etc. please flag me down and let me know.

Shooting SS on Saturday and Revo on Sunday.

Hello Shannon. Steve Horseman is the person you will want to talk to at the SS nationals as he is the MD for the Western state single stack/Revo match. Get some Idea's from him as he knows how to show no mercy to the revo shooters.

also remember that with the new 6 shot division, you don't have to make the stages 6 shot neutral any more.

Edited by JohnRodriguez

That surprises me that there is no Far and Near this year. It seemed like that stage was always at the IRCs in the past and was really one of the stages that could separate a lot of the shooters (those who shot it well and those who did not).

That surprises me that there is no Far and Near this year. It seemed like that stage was always at the IRCs in the past and was really one of the stages that could separate a lot of the shooters (those who shot it well and those who did not).

I'm glad it's gone at least for this year.

No irc discussion would be complete without some far and near banter though.

Well I can see them making a change to appeal to more shooters. The other shooting sports are faster paced, larger stages, higher round counts, lots of moving. I see more Pro Am style stages being shot at club matches then there used to be. I can see where they want to make ICORE seem like it can challenge shooters the same way. ICORE has always been very accuracy oriented (classifiers, Far & Near, and other x-count field courses), and I am sure that they will still play an active part in the sport. With the rule change eliminating neutrality, you can do more with stage design that would allow for this type of shooting. I am not saddened, just surprised. We ran Far and Near at our last club match, I was really happy I wasn't shooting it at the IRC that day.

When I got the match I started asking any and all revo shooters I knew. At local matches, at majors and through email. The first thing 80% of them said was to not have Far to Near. Most followed up with the same basic thing you said, that the whole match pretty much came down to that stage and you might as well only have that stage to decide the winner.

That's the reason anyway....trying to make the crowd happy. I can attest though that it will still be an accuracy intensive match with X count mattering. As well as some fun, exciting stages. That's the plan anyway.

Hope you can make it.

The IRC is still going to be about accuracy. It's unreasonable to have a national championship where pretty much the entire fate of the match lies on the shoulders of a stage that 90% of people can't practice.The best shooters are still the best shooters, regardless of Far and Near being there. Don't imply the game is watered down by removing it without having any idea of what stages will be presented in lieu of that. In fact, the recently concluded USPSA Revolver Nationals should show you how much challenge you can have in a match without requiring Bianchi Cup style shooting at 50 yards.

I guess that'd be the same 80% of shooters who can't/don't shoot it. Never mind, it is what it is.

I'd guess otherwise, but yeah, it is what it is.

Unrelated to F&N, Given Shannon's experience hosting the biggest matches I suspect the overall difficulty of the upcoming IRC will be quite high...

Shannon has run a number of major matches, and USA has hosted more. I've shot some there and It's a good venue... and the first week of November is as "sweet" weather wise, as Florida has to offer. It should be a GREAT event.

When I got the match I started asking any and all revo shooters I knew. At local matches, at majors and through email. The first thing 80% of them said was to not have Far to Near. Most followed up with the same basic thing you said, that the whole match pretty much came down to that stage and you might as well only have that stage to decide the winner.

That's the reason anyway....trying to make the crowd happy. I can attest though that it will still be an accuracy intensive match with X count mattering. As well as some fun, exciting stages. That's the plan anyway.

Hope you can make it.

I am in no way unhappy about it, I was just surprised. Really being honest, I am happy that I don't have to shoot it considering how poorly I shot it the last time at a club match. I have no doubt that the IRC is still going to thorougly challenge every shooter in attendance, it wouldn't be a championship if it didn't. I am absolutely going to make it, already signed up, paid and squadded.

The IRC is still going to be about accuracy. It's unreasonable to have a national championship where pretty much the entire fate of the match lies on the shoulders of a stage that 90% of people can't practice.The best shooters are still the best shooters, regardless of Far and Near being there. Don't imply the game is watered down by removing it without having any idea of what stages will be presented in lieu of that. In fact, the recently concluded USPSA Revolver Nationals should show you how much challenge you can have in a match without requiring Bianchi Cup style shooting at 50 yards.

I have no doubt that the stages will be very demanding of the shooters and whoever wins will have done it by besting the challenges they faced on the range. I was not impying that the match would be watered down in anyway. I know that since Far and Near is not there, we will have other stages where accuracy will be instrumental to a winning score.

I guess that'd be the same 80% of shooters who can't/don't shoot it. Never mind, it is what it is.

I'd guess otherwise, but yeah, it is what it is.

Unrelated to F&N, Given Shannon's experience hosting the biggest matches I suspect the overall difficulty of the upcoming IRC will be quite high...

Like I said, its a championship, if the stages were easy it wouldn't be worthy of that title. I don't think that its because most shooters cannot shoot the stage well is the reason that Far and Near is out. I believe that they are doing it in an effort to present ICORE in a way that most other competitive shooting sports can relate to in terms of stage design and meanwhile demanding what ICORE shooters would expect from the sport with regards to accuracy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I didn't think I would be able to make it this year but I just signed up on squad #23. Hope to meet some of you guys down there!

Some of the other guys from IN are camping out on squad Dirty30 if you want to shoot with us and they'll let you move, just an FYI.

Yes, I'm currently registered in Limited 6. Since I'm more likely to win the lottery than any division at the IRC I might shoot my 625 in open just for fun. That CMore is growing on me.

If the gang from IN is posting up on squad 30 I'll switch over, I saw a few other names from our area on the registration list.

Unfortunately this will be the first IRC I have missed for over a decade due to being in NZ for the World Action Shooting Championships. I am sure the FL crew will put on a great match and I hate to miss it. I have posted an entry for sale in the classifieds section, so if you are going and looking for a reduced entry, check it out.

Cheers

Well I didn't think I would be able to make it this year but I just signed up on squad #23.

Limited-6?

I haven't signed up, but I might. Sounds like a good roadtrip.

You definitely should man. We were trying to get Dan to come also, but its not looking positive. I don't know if Paul is going or not, I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet. Squad 30 for the IN crowd.

Yes, I'm currently registered in Limited 6. Since I'm more likely to win the lottery than any division at the IRC I might shoot my 625 in open just for fun. That CMore is growing on me.

If the gang from IN is posting up on squad 30 I'll switch over, I saw a few other names from our area on the registration list.

You're welcome to join our squad. Slusher was planning to go and was going to sqaud with somebody else, but that one filled up, so he's shooting with us. He was at the first ICORE I put on and the most recent one. He usually shoots open, but he also ran the classifiers in limited at the last match.