Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 International Revolver Championship. (Frostproof FL.)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, which means it's moving closer to the bottom of the list...

who you kidding, you're gonna be there.

Maybe, but non shooting vacation is being planned, and if it conflicts I'm out.

• 3 weeks later...

I talk to members in the south they say Universal Shooting Academy. I talk to people in Morro Bay and they tell me SLOSA will host as has historically happened. When I shot the postal in Fallon last November I heard Fallon looks to host. So.??.? Its possibly a strategic conspiracy using many actors to throw us all off the scent.

I think it really all depends on our competition director and chairman getting a contract from USA that works for us. ICORE is very traditional and I personally would hate to see ICORE hand over the prize table money to a for profit group to put it in their pockets and tell us to get sponsors!. I have no working knowledge of what is going on behind the curtain. JM2C

I had a great time shooting and working in Fallon. I have a friend that lives in Naples Fl. I could visit.

That being said...

MORRO BAY. MORRO BAY. MORRO BAY. (where's a Jedi mind trick emoticon? ooh, how about :ph34r::blink::huh:;))

Just got an E-mail from ICORE saying the 2016 IRC will be held at the Universal Shooting Range in Florida. Dates were not posted but it will probably be the same weekend it always is. I wish everyone going the best of luck and have a great time.

Universal Shooting Academy to Host 2016 International Revolver Championship

Los Osos, CA, January 17, 2016 – The International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts (ICORE) is proud to announce Universal Shooting Academy (USA), Frostproof, FL, as the host for the 2016 International Revolver Championship (IRC) under the direction of Shannon Smith, a professional at the top of the competitive action pistol world.

The championship is scheduled for November 3-6, 2016, and moves to the east side of the United States for the first time, bringing a fresh spin to an historical event. ICORE is excited for its east coast members who will have an opportunity to follow in the footsteps of fellow west coast revolver shooters and travel to their first IRC! Shooters will compete in one of four revolver divisions from Classic to Limited to Open. Limited 6, a fourth ICORE division just added this year, will be an option for those shooters who want to compete with their 6-shot moon clip guns that were once the meat of ICORE’s Limited Division.

The IRC is the marquee match on ICORE’s competition calendar and showcases top revolver shooters from around the world. Stillwater Firearms Association of Fallon, NV, hosted the 2015 IRC, which was generously supported by premier sponsors Apex Tactical Specialties and Hogue, Inc., both with owners or managers who have been avid revolver competitors and regular faces at past IRCs held in San Luis Obispo, CA.

This year’s IRC will close ICORE’s Regional championships, which encompass a match series from seven geographical regions in the United States plus Australia. Florida, home to four of the eleven ICORE clubs that comprise the Southern Region, has been the fastest growing state in terms of new members to the sport of competitive revolver shooting.

Frank Garcia founded Universal Shooting Academy in 1986 and thanked ICORE for giving USA the opportunity to host the match as the IRC celebrates its 25th year. Frank and Shannon host major national and world handgun events throughout the year at the world-known facility. Not only does Shannon serve as an instructor, but he is responsible for coordinating and producing all of these competition events at USA.

ICORE welcomes new 2016 club affiliates from Canada, Sweden, and South Africa, and, in conjunction with Universal Shooting Academy, invites independent revolver shooters everywhere and shooters from all of its other member clubs in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe, to IRC 2016 and all of the attractions central Florida offers!

Connect with Universal Shooting Academy on Facebook and universalshootingacademy.com. Connect with ICORE on Facebook and icore.org.