Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring for minor

robport

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in here, but I can't seem to find it. I shoot a limited pro .40sw 155 gr bullet at about 130 PF.

Right now, my pistol feels like it is sprung too tightly for minor.

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting numbers in an internet search.

If anyone is running .40 minor, what recoil spring are you using.

Thanks

I have a 10 in both my Stock 2 40s. Tried a 9 in my Witness classic 40 (I had one laying around) and it didn't always want to close the slide on slide lock reloads. That gun isn't as smooth as my S2s though so maybe a 9 would work with those.

I have a 10 in both my Stock 2 40s. Tried a 9 in my Witness classic 40 (I had one laying around) and it didn't always want to close the slide on slide lock reloads. That gun isn't as smooth as my S2s though so maybe a 9 would work with those.

Looks like I am sticking with a 10#. I've switched to 165s.

Springs are cheap. Might want to experiment.

Springs are cheap. Might want to experiment.

true.

IF YOU BUY FROM WOLFF, REMEMBER THAT THEIR SPRING WEIGHT RATING DEPENDS ON WHAT SLIDE YOU PUT IT IN

I run a 8# "longslide" spring in most everything, which is a 10# standard.

9# or 10# "standard" should treat you right

• 5 weeks later...

Archived