Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

does idpa allow serrations on a glock slide?

jshubes22

Before I start let me say that I have already emailed IDPA multiple times with the response of "I will forward your email for the proper ruling". That was about 2 months ago...still no answer.

I was looking into sending my glock 19 slide into ATEI for some serration work, but i want to be able to shoot it in the CCP division. Will having that work performed make it illegal for use in IDPA?? I know my local matches could probably care less, but I try to shoot the state matches as well and do not want to cause a problem.

www.ateiguns.com

was looking at enhanced front and rear serrations along with rear top serrations. IDPA states serrations are ok, but everything is in "1911" terms and references

thanks for any input

jason

CCP follows ESP rules and ESP allows this:

8.2.2.2.26 Slides with front cocking serrations, tri-top, carry melts, and high power cuts.

So it is not allowing any ole serrations you can think of, but front cocking serrations, as on the side of the front of the slide are allowed.

The fact that there are rules on serrations, demonstrates that the rules are out of control. Slide cuts for lightning I understand but serrations come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't like the rules, then don't play the game. Saves you a lot of heartburn.

Edited by v1911

Front and rear cocking serrations ok. Serrations on the top of the slide not ok.

If you're looking for weight savings that are legal, I think Hi Power cuts on a Glock look pretty cool and eliminate more weight than serrations.

I agree with that completely.

The fact that there are rules on serrations, demonstrates that the rules are out of control. Slide cuts for lightning I understand but serrations come on.

If you don't like the rules, then don't play the game. Saves you a lot of heartburn.
Really? Is that necessary? The first step to recovery is acknowledging you have a problem.

Really? Is that necessary? The first step to recovery is acknowledging you have a problem.

I couldn't agree more.

I am not looking to lighten the slide for a competitive advantage, I am simply looking to increase my ability to perform one handed manipulations should the need arise.

I guess I just don't understand why giving an official IDPA answer is so difficult. But thank you for the replies.

My question is what "game" advantage is gained with front serrations, that led to the need for a rule?

Please don't say weight!

Edited by Rangerdug

My question is what "game" advantage is gained with front serrations, that led to the need for a rule?

Please don't say weight!

I cannot think of an advantage. Maybe someone smart than myself can. But, in "Stock" (SSP), I see why you are not allowed to add something to your gun. Same rule applies in USPSA Production.

Edited by JackinSD

Please don't say weight!

Not one of the rule book writers, but I believe the intent is to keep guns in more of a factory/carry configuration and more in line with IDPA's founding concepts.

Try to tell USPSA guys that weight and slide lightening doesn't create a competitive advantage.

What about this rule?

8.2.2.2 ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list):

8.2.2.2.14 Checkering, serrating, and stippling.

I realize Ken says another rule overrides such plain English and I would not take the chance of mucking up my gun and then arguing the point.

8.2.2.3 ESP Excluded Features and Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

8.2.2.3.2 Removal of material from the exterior of the slide other than front cocking serrations, tri-top, engraving, carry melts, and high power cuts.