Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
ToddKS

Which set of dies to order with 1050.

I am getting ready to order a new 1050. My understanding is that the 1050 comes with a set of dies. Whatever set of dies comes with the press will be a duplicate.

My question is between 9mm and 223 which would be the more useful Dillon die set vs. The Lee sets I already have.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The dillon dies should be carbide so either may be an upgrade. What kind of dies are the Lee's?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Lee pistol dies are carbide, 223 are steel. Dillon dies would be the same in that regard unless I paid extra for the carbide 223.

Suggest Dillon Carbide. My rifle ran great with Dillon dies. One of my friends did not would not quite chamber. I would suggest on a 1050

Dillon carbide station one, if you have issues put the Lee sizing die in station two as it is just a little tighter. No issues using the Lee sizing

die in my friends rifle ran 100%. There is a high chance that you won't have issues with just Dillon dies.

I would see what the extra cost of 223 carbide dies are and get them if it's not too expensive

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just remember that you still have to lube the cases with carbide dies.

This is why I was planning to go with steel dies if I chose the 223. What is the advantage of carbide if I am lubing the cases either way?

Edited by ToddKS

No question get the 1050 with the 223 dies installed. I find the Lee pistol dies to be great. I have found the Dillon 223 dies to be the best.

This is why I was planning to go with steel dies if I chose the 223. What is the advantage of carbide if I am lubing the cases either way?

Carbide are designed for commercial loaders.

The carbide dies will probably outlast you.