American Marksman

MarkCO

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK. Got my invitation also. See you in July at Peacemaker. Got to put a set of AR sights on my PCC I guess, and use my iron sight Buckmark for pistol practice

If you have not shot a KelTec Sub2000, you will enjoy it. I had total newbies at the range yesterday and after a tad of work, I had them going 5 for 5 strong and weak shoulder in less than a magazine. It is probably the easiest stage in the match.

If I were going to suggest practice, RF pistol at 10 yards with irons, shooting a 9mm with the laser only and the offhand .223 shot.

OK. Got my invitation also. See you in July at Peacemaker. Got to put a set of AR sights on my PCC I guess, and use my iron sight Buckmark for pistol practice

If you have not shot a KelTec Sub2000, you will enjoy it. I had total newbies at the range yesterday and after a tad of work, I had them going 5 for 5 strong and weak shoulder in less than a magazine. It is probably the easiest stage in the match.

If I were going to suggest practice, RF pistol at 10 yards with irons, shooting a 9mm with the laser only and the offhand .223 shot.

On weak shoulder shooting, do you still use your strong hand to manipulate the trigger?

On weak shoulder shooting, do you still use your strong hand to manipulate the trigger?

Nope, it is weak side mandated.

Who do I ask about clarifying the 100 yard rifle part of the Regionals? I understand unsupported standing, but with the bench and prone, are we getting bipods, slings, or bags?

Guess that would be me.

We will provide ground cover and maybe a front bag for prone, but no bi-pod or sling. For the bench, that is all you will get. It is a 10" plate at 100 yards, so a pretty easy target.

We will provide a ground cover. No other equipment provided (or allowed). I shot a 300 yard 10" plate with the AM rifle, ammo and optic, 1st shot offhand last week, so the equipment is certainly suited to the challenge.

Going to try and simulate the rifle with my Mossberg MVP

.223. just have to make sure I out the scope at no more than 7x, although I never had any issues in 3-gun using only 4x out to 400 yards to hit steel.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Going to try and simulate the rifle with my Mossberg MVP

.223. just have to make sure I out the scope at no more than 7x, although I never had any issues in 3-gun using only 4x out to 400 yards to hit steel.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I'd suggest 3 or 4x. 7 is a tad much.

Well for standing maybe. I routinely use 4-6 when shooting free standing rimfire metallic silhouette depending on size and distance. 6x is about the most I can use without it moving too much, but should not be an issue prone or bench.

PeekABoo is 15 yards, the CTC stage is about 5 yards.

Thx. For the 223 gong stage where do you have to point the rifle at the start for the standing unsupported string?

It can be on target for all of the ,223 Gong strings. Safety is ON for this stage only. All others start at low ready, finger off trigger, safety off.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I will see you at Peacemaker on Saturday. My first stage is not listed until 11 AM, but I assume from the data I still have to register at 8 AM. Not sure whether to wear my shooting jersey or go incognito and be some old guy who managed to get in. ( :goof:)

Edited by photoracer

Well I will see you at Peacemaker on Saturday. My first stage is not listed until 11 AM, but I assume from the data I still have to register at 8 AM. Not sure whether to wear my shooting jersey or go incognito and be some old guy who managed to get in. ( :goof:)

I will be there. I think the notice to competitors says to check in at least 30 minutes prior to your start time. I would not wear a jersey.

There will be some things to do, and FN is doing a side shoot. You might be well advised to watch a prior squad depending on which stage you start on. They are all fundamentals, but sometimes people don't think clearly when it is "supplied guns." :)

Out of curiosity.... I thought to be Regional qualified you would have to have a local classification. I just received our schedule for the regional and in the Jr. division there are 2 shooters that do not have local qualification times listed on the site. We were looking to see how everyone did in locals and noticed it.

Oh I plan on getting there earlier than I shoot for sure. If I had the time I would trailer my golf cart to use there also. Staff generally has to use autos or walk to get around. I could let them use it.

While some are going to be disappointed, AM has reviewed the new SC classification that went live on July 4th. M and GM, regardless of Division, in any USPSA ranking is not eligible. If you are affected, please send an email to AM, and they will get you handled.

This stinks. As of 7/6/16 SC deemed me Master RFRI. I had no idea. I'm B in 5 divisions of USPSA and find the "new" SC classifications all over the the board from "C" to "M". However it I'm glad I saw this post as I would have been loading up the truck today to head out for Taladega.

Called AM and of course no answer since they have already left for Taladega. So, I sent email hoping for refund. Now I just hope hotel will cancel my reservation without any charge.

Thanks for posting Mark, you saved me a lot of grief.