American Marksman

MarkCO

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who do I ask about clarifying the 100 yard rifle part of the Regionals? I understand unsupported standing, but with the bench and prone, are we getting bipods, slings, or bags?

Guess that would be me.

We will provide ground cover and maybe a front bag for prone, but no bi-pod or sling. For the bench, that is all you will get. It is a 10" plate at 100 yards, so a pretty easy target.

Who do I ask about clarifying the 100 yard rifle part of the Regionals? I understand unsupported standing, but with the bench and prone, are we getting bipods, slings, or bags?

Guess that would be me.

We will provide ground cover and maybe a front bag for prone, but no bi-pod or sling. For the bench, that is all you will get. It is a 10" plate at 100 yards, so a pretty easy target.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sure thing.

The Centerfire guns for The American Marksman regionals are the Ruger American in .223Rem with Burris Optics Company FF E1 2-7, Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm carbine and the CZP09 9mm pistol. The CZP09 will be equipped with a Crimson Trace laser. These will all be fed with Aguila Ammunition.

The rimfire guns are the Tactical Solutions X-Ring rifle and Pac-Lite Pistol. These will be fed with ELEY Force ammunition.

I think under 10s is possible. Just shooting it clean in that time frame might be the difficulty. While I have found I can double tap 3 small steel targets in around 1.5s with more space between them and not a linear progression, that is not the same thing as hitting small paper targets. So doing under 10s would be like a hair better than 4s +2s +4s. Anyway after my first actual practice this week I see that 20s should be easy and maybe 15s. But since that gets you nothing except bragging rights it is meaningless for this match. So taking Mark's advice of shooting a clean run first then going for it makes sense. Although if I get a decent run starting with the pistol I might try to burn both rifle runs. Will be shooting on Thursday and leaving for the PA SC match on Friday.

Good Luck!

20 is pretty decent and will get you in to all regionals at this point. There are a lot of scores rolling in, but I still think 30 is going to be good for Mens in all regionals. 10 is certainly possible. I shot a few sub 10s just seeing what I could do, but always threw one or two -2s. Low 11s is the best I have been able to manage and there are a few competitors across the country who have been able to post scores in the 11s and 12s. One guy sent me a video of a 8.90 +2 on a practice run, but when he went to qualify, he had a few bobbles and ended up in the 13s range.

There is a new FB group called: American Marksman Info.

Courses of fire are posted: http://ammarksman.com/content/documents/COF%20Regionals5.pdf

String 2 on the Crimson Trace Darkhouse is not correct, but it should be updated soon. It will be set up so that the only aiming indicator is the laser, or, in other words, the competitor will not be able to use the iron sights on the pistol.

There is a new FB group called: American Marksman Info.

Courses of fire are posted: http://ammarksman.com/content/documents/COF%20Regionals5.pdf

String 2 on the Crimson Trace Darkhouse is not correct, but it should be updated soon. It will be set up so that the only aiming indicator is the laser, or, in other words, the competitor will not be able to use the iron sights on the pistol.

Daaaaaang, point shooting with a laser!

Maximum of 125 from each category can compete at regionals. Only one from each category at regionals goes to the final.

So I guess sitting in 5th place means I'm probably going ... :)

Maximum of 125 from each category can compete at regionals. Only one from each category at regionals goes to the final.

I would hope so. :) July 23-24 at CMP Talladega.

Just registered ... Looks like fun CoFs ... I assume that for the Finals there will be no info ahead of time concerning CoFs and firearms?

Just registered ... Looks like fun CoFs ... I assume that for the Finals there will be no info ahead of time concerning CoFs and firearms?

They are fun. I just got back from shooting all of them today and training the set-up crew. :)

The Finals will not have published courses of fire, but the round count will be much higher and the shotgun will be present as will longer distances.

Iron sights on everything but the .223 gong. The TacSols have fiber optics, the Sub2000 is a rear peep, front post. The CZP09 has factory irons with white dots and a Crimson Trace Laser.