Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Mid-West/IL

paknon2wheels

Hello, I have been reading on here for a few weeks and decided it was time to join. Lots of great information on here to help us new guys get started. Thank you!

I'm looking to start shooting 3 gun this year. I have never shot any type of "official" competition before, so I'm looking forward to a new adventure. I have been around firearms my entire life, and had some prior professional firearm training, so I'm not new to firearms.

Thanks to all the info on these forums, I have just purchased a Stoeger M3K and it is currently enroute to MOA Precision for a tune-up. I currently own several Springfield XD series pistols, so I will most likely use that platform for handgun. I'm thinking of using my current M4 platform for the first match or two and then decide on what to build for a rifle. This will help keep my startup cost down and hopefully give me some time to sort the game out a little better.

Look forward to chatting with you guys on the boards and hopefully meet some of you on the range.

Dale

Thanks guys. I have been looking at all the places that run 3 gun matches within a few hours of here. I work a weird schedule and work every other weekend, so I'm thinking I'm probably going to have to travel around to hit the matches that are on my weekends off.

Also, from what I am understanding I need to go and run a Classifier. I'm not having much luck finding one coming up soon in this area so far.