Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hand chalk/grip lotions

e5young

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just pick up some gravel before I shot and run it around in my hands if my hands feel sweaty. I am considering bringing a chalk bag with to my next hot match. I use them for climbing anyway.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

My solution may be a bit "bubba", but when I feel I need some grip enhancement, I pull a tack cloth (Home Depot painting isle) of my range bag and wipe my hands with it. Sure, it has a bit of a waxy residue at first, but it seems to absorb into my skin within a few minutes. The enhanced grip lasts longer than the residue.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have Pro Grip and Liquid Grip. Both work well. My only complaint stems from a weakness of my own - when i use those and don't get a perfect grip, it's MUCH harder to slide my hand around where it needs to be.

Maybe i just need to learn to grab the gun better :( Instead, i think i'll try one of the rosin/powder options mentioned above.

Pro Grip is my favorite. It does leave a residue, but it's easy to clean up.

I always noticed the residue on my mags. I wiped it off continuously as I was constantly concerned that it might cause drag and the mag wouldn't fall free as quickly.

Has anyone had problems with the liquid grip residue on mays causing reload problems?

Pro Grip is my favorite. It does leave a residue, but it's easy to clean up.

I always noticed the residue on my mags. I wiped it off continuously as I was constantly concerned that it might cause drag and the mag wouldn't fall free as quickly.

Has anyone had problems with the liquid grip residue on mays causing reload problems?

I don't put enough of the stuff on my hands for it to affect the mags. Never an issue so far.

Edited by GunBugBit

Glad to hear some shooters still like Pro Grip. It is a safe Silica based product. It is not an anti perspirant based product like many out there. It does have an alcohol carrier like all the rest and that is why some places will not ship by air. In the early 1990s a sample pack of a product was given out at the Nationals and I really liked how it worked. I tried to get more and found it could no longer be imported because some of the ingredients were not safe. Pro Grip bonds to the natural oil in your skin and it can transfer to objects with oil on them. Most transfer happens when the product is over applied and only so much can be held on by your natural skin oils. When I first showed it at the Nationals in 1995 people were worried about the magazines, most realized that if they saw any it was outside not inside a magazine, however I put some in my magazines and left the vendor tent to shoot the 48 round standards with 18 shots being at 50 yards, Rob and I tied for the stage win down 1 point. If remotely worried about magazines I would not use chalk or rosin bags. To keep Pro Grip from getting to thick always shake before use and always close the top. When we brought out Mag Slick in 1999 some people were worried about their magazines that were already working as well. I gave some out and said clean your reloading press and see how much longer it runs between cleanings. Thank You for using our products and shoot well, David

Edited by Build4u

• 2 months later...

I used to use Pro Grip all the time shooting Glocks and si gle stacks. Last match it was really humid so my buddy and I were both using it with our STI's. His mags quit dropping free a few times and I started getting tons of failures to feed. Cleaned gun and ran same ammo in same conditions without pro grip all over our hands. Problem solved. Needless to say I won't be using it when shooting 2011's anymore.

The Prince stuff (for tennis players) performs just like Pro grip and is easy to find on Amazon Prime.

Thanks.

I will probably grab some of that stuff. I'm discovering that my hands are sweating even when I'm at home dry firing, but I hesitated about using the stuff with aluminum grips. Now that I've got some G10 grips, no prob!

I get the big bottles of pro grip off of amazon to refill my little bottle of pro grip clipped to my range bag. Also carry around a miniature towel for hot matches to try to keep my hands dry. Then just rub your hands together when you're on deck and it gets sticky again

• 2 weeks later...