Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hand chalk/grip lotions

e5young

I'm curious, how many of you guys out there use hand chalks normally used for lifting or tennis grip lotions to enhance your grip. Are there any other methods you guys use in order to enhance your grip? I'm currently using Prince Grip Enhancing Lotion. Basically a liquid you rub onto your hands in order to maintain a very nice grip on your pistols. I tend to sweat a lot so I found this to help me a lot.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently using rock climbing chalk for my hands. Seems to help me out when my hands get sweaty. If chalk isn't available then I use dirt.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Using climbing chalk. Works well only downside is being dust it will get all over stuff if not careful but is easy to clean up.

never thought about using climbing chalk...will have to look into that. thanks

Using climbing chalk. Works well only downside is being dust it will get all over stuff if not careful but is easy to clean up.

When you get chalk all over the place you look like you are doing stuff so I don't mind it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pro Grip is my favorite. It does leave a residue, but it's easy to clean up.

I use Liquid Grip it doesn't leave a lot of white residue of over your gun

do any of you guys also use this with grip tape?

Pro Grip is my favorite. It does leave a residue, but it's easy to clean up.

I use Liquid Grip it doesn't leave a lot of white residue of over your gun

do any of you guys also use this with grip tape?

I do. I typically use Pro Grip when my hands start to sweat and I use grip tape on smooth parts of my gun's grip that I touch.

Climber's chalk has a unique drying agent not found in 'regular' weight lifting chalk. I bought a 3 lb bag that will last me until I'm too senile to know which end of the gun to hold ...and it cost less than 2 bottles of Pro Grip ....

Climber's chalk has a unique drying agent not found in 'regular' weight lifting chalk. I bought a 3 lb bag that will last me until I'm too senile to know which end of the gun to hold ...and it cost less than 2 bottles of Pro Grip ....

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a cheese grater and get to work on a block of weight lifting chalk. I picked up two blocks from Academy sports for about $5. Mix it with rubbing alcohol and you'll have poor mans progrip

Lol do you store it in a small bottle and take it with you to the range?

I mainly use liquid grip. I may be switching to pro grip. It feels a bit tackier. A friend of mine uses dirt. Such a savage. Haha.

Dirt is free ;) LOL you can find it at any participating range!

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out.

I did not know that...I will look into it, thank you!

we charge for dirt at my matches .... also, you must not be married ... lol. Coming home from a match with dirt all over my clothes from rubbing your hands on your pants is not something designed to keep my wife excited about my shooting .... yes, the little cloth bag that comes with it has a draw string on it so you just keep refilling it. I keep it in a small plastic bag & when I step into the box I have that bag & a towel and I'm good to go ...

Get a cheese grater and get to work on a block of weight lifting chalk. I picked up two blocks from Academy sports for about $5. Mix it with rubbing alcohol and you'll have poor mans progrip

Lol do you store it in a small bottle and take it with you to the range?

Yep. Grab you a few small plastic bottles from hobby lobby or any craft store.

This is what I do as well. 50/50 ratio, roughly.