Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf or factory Glock slide

taxil343

Ok so I'm hoping for a little insight from those of you who have first hand experience with Lone Wolf slides. I'm building a 9 minor open gun on a 17 platform for my girlfriend to shoot and the time has come to buy a slide. While the Lone Wolf slide looks appealing, especially from a price standpoint, I can't help but wonder if there is a reason they are half the price of a factory Glock slide. Are these things any good? Should I not waste my time, and money in the long run, on this and just buy a factory slide? Any feedback be it positive or negative in nature is greatly appreciated.

I have 5 of them. 2 on .40 Limited guns, 1 on a EDC and 2 for my Wife's Production guns. Probably have easy 100K through them all added without a single problem. Fit is as good if not better than Factory, finish is good and they just keep on going. I just found another on a Model 21 Tactical way back in the safe so make that 6. I have never had an issue with any of the ones I own. I always get them blind marked and if you are going to order a barrel be sure to ask Dan to ream and throat it before sending it out. They have done all of mine for free and if you are going to shoot lead or coated bullets you will want this done to save yourself a lot of bitching and grief. Tell Dan you want "The GT Hole" he will know exactly what you want.

abcd.jpg

a.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

I've had two of them over the years, they work fine, the only issue I saw was the rear dovetail was a little deep and had to drill and tap the rear sight to set it correctly. Had to finish ream both barrels also.

Open Minor Limited Production? Well only if you are talking about USPSA divisions.... Or as they call it in Hawaii, Open 10 Minor