Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eemann Tech TANFOGLIO Competition Trigger Spring?

EngineerEli

Hey,

Anyone heard anything about these 15% reduced tension Tanfo trigger return springs? Any experience with them? After finding that the reduced tension CZ trigger return spring is actually heavier than the stock Tanfo spring (my experience), I've been keeping my eyes open for one that advertises being a lightened version of the actual Tanfo part. This appears to be it.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/tanfoglio/1344-tanfoglio-trigger-spring.html

-Eli

Nope, take a look at the link. It is a spring made/sold by some European IPSC custom shop. (Eemann Tech) It is advertized as being 15% lighter than the stock Tanfoglio TRS. I actually put one on order, and it shipped the next day! Not sure it will take to get here, but when it does I'll report back my findings...

In your original post you said that the reduced CZ trs is not lighter than the stock Tanfo spring. When you refer to the lighter CZ trs are you referring to the CGW reduced trs or a stock CZ trs? Cause the CGW trs is deffinitely lighter than the stock CZ spring.

All my discussion is for use in a Tanfo Stock II. I'm sure the CGW reduced TRS is lighter than the stock CZ TRS, but the CGW reduced part, is still heavier than the factory Tanfo part... That is why I am curious to see if this one ends up being even lighter than the factory Tanfo one.

(On a side note, I have been playing with sear springs too. Turns out the factory CZ sear spring is about the same weight, and yields about the same trigger pull results as the 'light' LRA (Tanfo) sear spring, and it appears more widely available!)

All my discussion is for use in a Tanfo Stock II. I'm sure the CGW reduced TRS is lighter than the stock CZ TRS, but the CGW reduced part, is still heavier than the factory Tanfo part... That is why I am curious to see if this one ends up being even lighter than the factory Tanfo one.

(On a side note, I have been playing with sear springs too. Turns out the factory CZ sear spring is about the same weight, and yields about the same trigger pull results as the 'light' LRA (Tanfo) sear spring, and it appears more widely available!)

Okay, I just wanted to make sure you talking about the CGW spring being heavier than the Tanfo spring, thanks.

Very interesting. That was no my experience, and I have heard from a few other people here that experienced the same thing as me. Maybe I'll double check the CGW spring when I try the new one. Its currently somewhere between Estonia and the US right now, lol.

What are your current SA/DA trigger pull weights Sandflea?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the spring showed up Monday. I installed it and it ended up giving the same trigger pulls as the factory one. I measured the spring wire thicknesses and they were the same (0.0315") and the same number of coils. I contacted the shop I got it from, and they were under the impression that the factory spring was made from a thicker wire (0.038") than the one in my gun was, hence the reduced tension rating. He did also say that the heat treating process is different to reduce the spring tension further. He hypothesized that the spring installed from the factory for USA bound guns may be different for the ones intended for distribution in Europe or elsewhere. I would wonder if anyone outside the us has ever measured the wire thickness of their factory TRS before??? My plan is to leave the spring in the gun for a little while, with the hopes that it may just require some break in time. I'll measure the trigger pull again after some more dry/live fire and see what happens.

I'm currently getting 5lb 10oz DA and 2lb 13oz SA. (I think the sear face may need a little attention with that SA weight)