Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Think I'm done with CZ's

TJART

If I can trade out for a g34, it's a done deal.

Can't solve the light strike issue. Went from the 11# to the 13# and seemed to be doing ok. Started reloading S&B primers and got a 20% PER MAG light strike condition.

So sick and pissed off right now.

Anyone have a glock friend looking to trade out a 34, get them in touch with me.

Thanks.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't solve the light strike issue. Went from the 11# to the 13# and seemed to be doing ok. Started reloading S&B primers and got a 20% PER MAG light strike condition.

Anyone have a glock friend looking to trade out a 34, get them in touch with me.

Thanks.

Aren't you using Federal primers?

^

Let me use an analogy here...

So you are putting 87 octane gasoline in a race car????

S & B primers????

Do you have an extending firing pin with a reduced power FP Spring? How deep are you seating your primers? Hopefully below flush!

All kidding aside, feed that thing what it deserves. With a 11.5# hammer spring and the FP and FP Spring I mentioned above that thing will light up any CCI, Winchester or Federal SP Primer there is.

But IF you want a Glock get it.

Let me use an analogy here...

So you are putting 87 octane gasoline in a race car????

S & B primers????

Do you have an extending firing pin with a reduced power FP Spring? How deep are you seating your primers? Hopefully below flush!

All kidding aside, feed that thing what it deserves. With a 11.5# hammer spring and the FP and FP Spring I mentioned above that thing will light up any CCI, Winchester or Federal SP Primer there is.

But IF you want a Glock get it.

13# hammer spring

11# recoil

comp hammer

t3 disco

removed fpb/spacer in sear

extended fp/reduced fp spring

full polish job

If the 13# can't light off S&B's, that's plain unacceptable, esp. with my list of mods. If It were the 11.5#, I'd be inclined to understand what you are saying. But 2/10 failure due to light strike is stupid. I'm setting them as deep as my press allows. I've had ZERO issue with any other primer and my press. ZERO.

A 13 pound hammer spring should have no problems setting off S&B primers.

Is the hammer dragging on something to slow its fall? Is the firing pin tunnel clean?

It seems unusual. S&B primers and shadows with 13 pound springs are a dime a dozen here in South Africa - by far the most popular gun in production, and even lots in standard (ipsc)

Sent by Jedi mind control

Is the hammer dragging on something to slow its fall? Is the firing pin tunnel clean?

It seems unusual. S&B primers and shadows with 13 pound springs are a dime a dozen here in South Africa - by far the most popular gun in production, and even lots in standard (ipsc)

I think I have a gun problem. I literally couldn't get the 11.5# to light anything off, so moved to 13#. That was running okay until I switched to the S&B's. No its easily 20% light strike situation.

I'll pull the fp tomorrow and check, but I doubt it's fouled in there.

Sounds like a gun problem, but it should be easy to diagnose and fix.

Stick with it

Deflated right now. Feel sick. I just sent an email to David, I'll see what he says.

What kind of CZ?

SP01 Safety, non-anything.

20151212_145652-1_zps8uer63v3.jpg

20151212_145600-1_zpsy3gxixhu.jpg

20151212_150300-1_zpsildxt8oy.jpg

20151212_144732-1_zpsqzyvzqzk.jpg

Edited by TJART

I'm running an 11.5# hammer springs in my SP01 Shadows and just started digging into my stash of S&B primers. Zero problems so far.

Are you seating your primers below the level of the case head? I have my 1050 set to smash them into the pocket.

I think I have a gun problem. I literally couldn't get the 11.5# to light anything off, so moved to 13#. That was running okay until I switched to the S&B's. No its easily 20% light strike situation.

I would tend to agree that there's something going on besides the hammer spring. I've got two shadows and both will run S&B primers 100% with the 11.5 lbs spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No plug in the fpb channel. But I've had light strike issues way before I removed it.

Gun has less than 2k rounds through it.

I seat them as far as my press will allow. But to be fair to my press, the gun has had light strikes before w even factory ammo.

Thanks all for chiming in.

Sounds like a gun problem, but it should be easy to diagnose and fix.

Stick with it

Deflated right now. Feel sick. I just sent an email to David, I'll see what he says.

What kind of CZ?

SP01 Safety, non-anything.

20151212_145600-1_zpsy3gxixhu.jpg

As Atlas has pointed out, but I will re-iterate, you need to polish the sides of that hammer where it sits in the frame, then take a piece of sand paper and run it on the inside of frame at the corresponding surfaces where it will rub and make sure you're knocking down any high points in the finish. I would suspect and expect this is where your issue is.

I have the same issue with a STOCK 97BD. It would ignite Federal primers/ammo 100% but all others will fail 2 rounds a magazine. Found out I have a slightly bent firing pin. This is on a brand new CZ.

Edited by MrRick

Thanks.

I can trade my fully decked out Production MP9 Pro 5'' with you. PM if interested:

- BarSto match fitted barrel

- APEX kit (2.7lbs trigger pull)

- APEX reset assistant module

- Dawson FO front and competition adjustable rear

It's my backup gun so it has very low round count.

You should be able to go 13# main, ext firing pin and be pretty good to go.

I would double check the firing pin is true, and there is no interference coming from any where.

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to pull the pin today, and see if I find anything.

Thanks.

I can trade my fully decked out Production MP9 Pro 5'' with you. PM if interested:

- BarSto match fitted barrel

- APEX kit (2.7lbs trigger pull)

- APEX reset assistant module

- Dawson FO front and competition adjustable rear

It's my backup gun so it has very low round count.

PM'd

I would tend to agree that there's something going on besides the hammer spring. I've got two shadows and both will run S&B primers 100% with the 11.5 lbs spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't light anything off with the 11.5#. Well let me say, I had about a 50% light strike with various ammo. I figured the 13# would get me out of the wood with anything.