Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio elite limited 40 sw major power factor. 165 vs 180

Tonyscomputery

Closest I can get for you is 180's to 200's

200's are very polite, push the gun and allow very easy sight tracking

180's are more abrupt "feel" a little snappy but "seem" to allow the sights to come back in alignment quicker

When I'm only shooting a few rounds a week I like the 200's

When I'm dry firing a lot and shooting more each week I like the "feel" of the 180's

Note the quotes, this is all subjective to "me"

On the clock I split them the same with the qualifier being only 2 alphas count for the split time. That forces me to make sure I'm seeing the sights on all shots and not just shooting by feel etc

My suggestion is get a 1000 of each and shoot them and see what "feels" better to you. Then do a bunch of drills on the clock with tuxedo targets or head shots etc to make sure its verified. Make sure it's on the timer, to qualify what your feeling.

Hope that helps

Good Fortune

jcc7x7

Closest I can get for you is 180's to 200's

200's are very polite, push the gun and allow very easy sight tracking

180's are more abrupt "feel" a little snappy but "seem" to allow the sights to come back in alignment quicker

When I'm only shooting a few rounds a week I like the 200's

When I'm dry firing a lot and shooting more each week I like the "feel" of the 180's

Note the quotes, this is all subjective to "me"

On the clock I split them the same with the qualifier being only 2 alphas count for the split time. That forces me to make sure I'm seeing the sights on all shots and not just shooting by feel etc

My suggestion is get a 1000 of each and shoot them and see what "feels" better to you. Then do a bunch of drills on the clock with tuxedo targets or head shots etc to make sure its verified. Make sure it's on the timer, to qualify what your feeling.

Hope that helps

Good Fortune

jcc7x7

Thanks for the input. That has been my experience in the past. But this will be my first "heavy" gun and wasn't sure if it changed things.