Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 to 1050...

I feel like I can sell processed/300 blackout brass for more cash and the press would pay for itself.

Good luck, the market is in the crapper. Ive got ~70k pieces of 556 brass sitting because its not worth my time for the measly money I would make. Guys are selling converted 300blk for ~100 per thousand for mixed. ~130 for all LC brass is also about the going rate right now. I end up with about 4 hours total work into each 1000(pre clean tumble, process, post clean tumble, bag up, ship out) and from the other guys I talk to that do it 3-4 hours per thousand is about average.

Ive been selling for 2 years now and still havent broken even on my initial investment from a pure 300blk perspective. I sell more processed 556 brass than 300blk brass in the past year.

That is a very valid point. Unless you can get the brass extremely cheap or free, the time it takes to process is going to work out netting you a few bucks an hour. You'd be better off getting a part time job at McDonald's. . :roflol:

Also depends on what you would be doing if NOT cleaning sorting etc. If you would be sitting in front of the TV or a computer screen, both of which cost and don't produce revenue, then, hey, something productive is worth it.

How do you clean your brass? Wet needle clean? Get one of the home made or make your own, A double, with 2 6 or 8 inch PVC tumblers, You might increase your output by 50%. Do you package by weight + a handful? I packaged over 10K 9mm in about an hour. Don't give up, work smarter.

But you are right, the market is pretty saturated with sellers. The ones I see on Facebook are pretty aggressive with specials, free shipping, etc.

$.02

if you load 9mm and do not swage them before reloading go with the 1050.

i have so much more free time since i got the 1050.

in your case i think the 1050 is the way to go if you are just processing brass

Edited by havfun

650 if you're not loading volume (3k+ per month). You'll get fast with it as you use it more.

Although if you got the bread and it don't matter, then obviously the 1050 just because.

Buying a machine based on reloading volume makes so much sense but I'm happy I didn't use that rational. I looked at the machines and asked myself which one do I want to live with? The 1050 was the obvious choice and I now have 3. Sure, money is a concern but I just spread the caliber conversions out over time.