Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Amazon Fire 7" KIDS edition

Bryan 45

Already comes with a "kid proof" case, and without reading the fine print "If they break it, we replace it. No questions asked."

$100. Sure, twice the cost of the regular 7" fire, but already has a case too.

We have yet to real world test the devices. I only have the one case and don't trust the group with the devices minus cases.

On the one device using the Supcase, glare in sunlight is bad.

I'm setting up the devices with two Users. One user being for staff members that will have access to everything on the device. The second user, basically what you setup for a kid, only allows access to Practiscore and nothing else. That should keeps folks from taking pics/videos and screwing around with settings and such.

Edited by jdphotoguy

• 3 weeks later...

How are the devices at running Practiscore? Any issues? Good visibility in sunlight? Battery life?

We have been having a problem with borrowed iPads lasting all day on one battery charge.

We have run them on a few Lvl 1 and 2 IPSC matches, Visibility in bright sunlight is not the best but can of course be overcome with some kind of sunshade. Battery life is great, after the initial sync I put them in flight mode though and I normally see devices returned with 80% charge after a 6 stage match.

Remember to switch them on and allow them to do any updates before the match so they dont start doing this when you start them up at the sync. If I can find a portable printer to use for verification purpose then I think we will have a fairly solid electronic scoring system.