Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
JunotFranco

Glock grip reduction

I am looking for opinions on which grip reduction is more worth the money. ZEV double undercut standard CCW without finger grooves for $165 or cough up $400 for the Agency Arms job?? Thanks.

Have they held some with different reductions? That's the first place I would start, also ask yourself where is the grip to big and what areas don't feel "right" as that can help with the undercut/dbl undercut and finger grooves or none decision.

Anyone who pays $400 for a glock grip reduction needs their head examined.

Zev does a fine job. I had them reduce my grip and do a single undercut but I had them silicon carbine coat it instead of stipple.

Zev does a fine job. I had them reduce my grip and do a single undercut but I had them silicon carbine coat it instead of stipple.

Give me a message over at the my vendor page if you would like for me to quote you as well

Do it your self it is really easy. Watch some YouTube videos, get a Dremel tool, and You will be happy you saved some money, and can go buy ammo with that 450$$$

Give me a message over at the my vendor page if you would like for me to quote you as well

Did you mean to quote me? I am not looking for grip work, I was pointing out that the $165 Zev job grip job mentioned by the OP is more than adequate.

Give it a shot yourself. If you have a Dremel and a few grits of sandpaper, it is a pretty fun job to try out one afternoon! I recently did it on my G34, took the finger grooves off, double undercut the trigger guard, and reduced the back strap hump, then did a fine competition style stipple job. The whole project took about 5 hours, I took my time to make sure I didn't screw anything up. I practiced a little on a PMAG before I started chopping up my frame. I really like the final product and will be doing it to my G19 next.

Sounds like a lot of Zev recommendations. I looked into Robar and couldn't afford it, ended up going with Springer Precision out of Bend OR. They did a good job for fairly cheap (compared to Robar). I was please dwith it but ended up selling that pistol as a co worker liked it. Didn';t need two Glock 22's anyhow.

It is for CCW. I shoot limited.

Gotcha, then you should be fine. Different stippling and retexture can sometimes put you out of divisions like USPSA production if you stipple thumb pads and such.

$400 for a stipple job?! Are you kidding? That Agency outfit really gouges the price just so you can be called an "agent"