Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore web site experiencing issues (01/02/16)

BJinPass

As of Saturday morning at 10 AM, January 2, 2016, the Practiscore web site for match scores and registration is experiencing issues. I am unable to see or retrieve the registrations for our match tomorrow. I hope this gets fixed today. At least this is a 3-gun match where registration is much easier if I have to do it on site...

Practiscore is back up. Well it was up, now down again. Thankfully I was able to screen print squadding for this mornings match while it was up briefly.

I feel for the Practiscore team, dealing with this has got to be the last thing they wanted to do at the start of the new year.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Facebook says result posting is back up, but when I try to upload our match from yesterday it says it worked, but the results are nowhere to be found.

Tried to email support, but got a return email saying support@practiscore.com doesn't exist.

I posted results from a match late yesterday afternoon directly from my Kindle master device. It said it worked but it never showed up. So,I reposted it this AM and it immediately appeared. I don't know what happened to the first one, and I don't see two, so I guess the issues of their hosting site were still causing problems late yesterday.

They seem better today. Maybe you should try reposting the results.

I'm still unable to post my match from Sunday, after many attempts today, but was able to post a dummy match from the same devices this morning.

Only difference with the two is the real match from yesterday has a password attached to it. Wonder if that is the problem?

Edited by jdphotoguy

I'm still unable to post my match from Sunday, after many attempts today, but was able to post a dummy match from the same devices this morning.

Only difference with the two is the real match from yesterday has a password attached to it. Wonder if that is the problem?

support email should work now. Shoot them a message.

For some reason the support@practiscore.com entry in my contacts keeps coming back as undeliverable due to that email address not existing, but when I manually typed in the exact same address, it worked.

Still waiting on a solution to why yesterday's USPSA match won't post.

Edited by jdphotoguy

• 1 month later...

When I updated to the new app, only did it on one of the nooks to make sure it works, the new icon on the home screen doesn't do anything. If you tap it, it doesn't do anything at all and I have to go into the settings feature and access the app from there and it works fine. However the new app on the home screen looks different than the old icon. The app in the settings menu looks like the old icon but runs the newest version.

Why does the new icon not work and how do I fix it so I don't have to go through the settings feature?

Thanks for the help!.

You found a real odd thread to ask this...

Anyhow, you just need to delete the old icon (unlock desktop, then long touch shows a menu) and move the new one in (also long touch on the app in the app drawer).