Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AlphaCharis' PewPew Life

AlphaCharis

2 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

If you are actively engaging a target in that scenario then its not a DQ offense. Basically you have abandoned the Reload process and resumed engaging targets again, which makes it legal.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Agree fully with Charlie.

Seen it done at least a dozen times (often, also at unload and show clear when a standing popper is spotted after mag removed) and I’ve never seen anyone balk as the RO standing behind this.

Ya, I've done it myself like 4 times and have never been DQ'd.  Had just been talking about it the other day with a friend because someone DQ'd at Nats for an AD on the reload, but he had claimed he dropped the mag but then decided to pick up a shot - might have been the way he said, and the pickup was quick and just looked like an AD.  So then we were discussing shots during the "reload," etc. and if the RO could DQ you or not.  I was thinking it should be obvious you are making a purposeful shot so they can't claim an AD, probably something only GM's would need to worry about :P 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/30/17    Nationals - Day Two

In day one, I had stage 9 and 10 swapped in the video, so 9 in the description is actually stage 10 - but anyway...  My second day went better, I felt - even though I started off the day with my first mike.  Bright and early, glad we weren't facing the sun!

Stage 13:  55.86%    I totally called the mike on the swinger, then waited for another pass - called another mike - and left it.... I don't know why I didn't shoot it again.  I always freak out on swingers because when I mess up I can feel my hit factor melting away waiting for another pass at the swinger.  Should have just calmed down and done it right the second first time.  The lighting was really weird, too, seemed dark behind all those barrels.

Stage 14a:  55.09%    Felt like I was taking forever to shoot, first reload was bad, but I went one for one on the steel, 4 charlies.  Gotta get a better grip throughout the stage.

Stage 14b:  57.73%    Seems like I could have shot the partials faster, because I'm watching the video and my splits on the head shots seem just about the same cadence as everything else, and alphas on the heads...15A, 3C.  #aimfaster!

Stage 15:  63.08%    I was pretty happy with how this stage went, but could have gone faster on those close targets, some more live fire practice will help me figure out how fast I can shoot at different distances.  I could have been more aggressive with the reloads - they looked a little leisurely.  The last position went well, I stayed calm and called all my shots.  22A, 2C.

Stage 11:  49.98%    This stage started out okay, I felt good, then... ONE STEEL.  I couldn't hit ONE STEEL.  Added so much time to this stage.  I calmed down for the rest of the steel and went one-for-one for the last four.  Don't know how I couldn't shoot that one.

Stage 12:  63.76%    The far head shot wasn't as bad as I thought.  I called my shots good, but shot it again anyway cause I didn't trust myself.  2A, 1B on the head.  The partial on the other side is another story.  Needed to visualize more where on the target I would be shooting that one.... I shot to the right of the noshoot and got two deltas :(   

Edited by AlphaCharis

10/1/17    Nationals - Day Three

Okay, final day of Nationals!  Need to finish these so I can update my dryfire log, wanted the dates in order :/  This was my BEST day.  I felt like I was starting to warm up to shooting haha.  I ended up 18th B Class and 120th overall (63.09%), and 7th lady.  This was better than last year's 54% and I did beat 43 other B class shooters, 16 A class, and 4 M class.  (Last year I was 59th B and only beat 27 other B class shooters.)  I started dryfiring this year, wasn't super consistent and most of if was Jan-Mar.  I'm still having problems with my back/neck/rib, but I am feeling much better than last year.  I'm looking forward to getting in more practice and doing even better next year!  

Stage 3a:  30.26%    Messed up my first stage for my worst stage of the day - I was pretty sure I called a mike/no-shoot, then didn't shoot at it right away, then not at all, and regretted it.  Walked straight to the target and saw my second, and final, mike of the match. Even without the M/NS, this stage was just too slow.

Stage 3b:  77.21%    My worst stage was followed by my best stage of the match - which is funny cause it felt so slow.  I went into this stage telling myself I'd call every shot (pretty much like I do every stage) but I finally did! for the whole stage!  Dropped 1 charlie, my first shot on SHO.  When I was on my last side on SHO, on my second target, I kinda lost my front sight, but picked it up before I shot.  Need to practice indexing on leans.  I ended up being 44th in Production on this stage!  Which is good for me.  I didn't even realize this was a good stage until I was going through my stages this week haha.

Stage 4:  59.50%    This went pretty well, just a little slow.  I'm not sure what I could have done to make me shoot faster on this stage (up to the first swinger).  I didn't spend any extra time on the first swinger, but on the second one I had missed the activator and then had to wait forever for it to drop.  Should have just doubled the popper since I reloaded after this array anyway.  Otherwise, I could have skipped my last reload since I had only taken one pickup shot before the last four poppers and still had one pickup for them.  Ah well.  One thing I DID NOT NOTICE in the walk-through is where that hardcover on the left was placed behind the swinger.  When shooting the stage I heard hardcover hit and I was like, "Did I just miss the swinger??  NO... I was calling my shot, I know where I hit it," and moved on.  

Stage 5:  65.58%   This one went okay, wish I could have shaved at least 3 seconds off of it.

Stage 1:  69.46%    I was happy with this one except for leaving from the start position was so slow, and then trying to leave on the last steel in one of the arrays, missing, and having to shoot at it again.  

Stage 2:  64.51%  Last stage of the match!  This one went pretty well.  I had to make up a hardcover hit under the table, but finally did it right away and didn't start thinking/second guess myself.  I'm glad I didn't "sweep" myself and DQ when I tried to holster my gun.... with no holster on.  That would have sucked so bad!!!

Improvements this year: 

• exits - leaving more urgently
  • shooting sooner
  • reloads are taking less time
  • reloading moving right to left are better, just running and waiting to finish reload when turning into position
  • more often getting my reload done before getting to my position  
  • maintaining my gun (springs, cleaning, oiling)

Edited by AlphaCharis
added match video

#dryfire

10/9/17    45 minutes

Just did a run down of the a lot of the Core USPSA skills since I haven't dryfired lately - could definitely feel it in my hands.

Core USPSA Skills

• Bill Drills/Blake Drills 1.9 sec x50; tight grip, call shots, mash trigger harder/make sure trigger reset
  • Reloads 6R6R6, 5.9 par x20
  • El Prez, 5.2 par, x10  making and beating par
  • One-handed shooting, 3 targets 2 shots each, 10 yards, 3 sec par time.  Was switching between SHO and WHO, wasn't making the par for WHO until the last 10 reps; and with SHO was adding in a popper with the three targets  x40  making sure I was calling every shot
  • Plate rack drills, 10 yards, 3 sec par, making every time x10
  • Distance changeup (no par) x10
  • 90 Degree Transitions, par 1.8, x20

10/10/17    35 minutes

Learning Drills

• Slow motion draws and groups at distance
  • Draws:  hands at sides/wrists above
  • Draw and move forward
  • Draw and move left/right
  • Draw to strong hand x10
  • Draw to weak hand x15
  • Turn and draw
  • Groups to long distance (again)/slow fire trigger control
  • Reloads:  slow motion
  • Reloads:  upper A, reload, lower A
  • Draws, 1 sec par
  • Draw to SHO/WHO x70

10/12/17    30-45 minutes

Core USPSA Skills

• Warm up:  slo-mo draws, hands at side/wrists above - 7yrds, 25 yrds
  • 180 Degree Transitions hard, 2.5 x40
  • 90 Degree Transitions hard, 1.8 sec x10
  • Plate Rack Drills,  3 sec x10
  • One-handed shooting, 3 sec x20
  • Bill Drill, 1.9 sec x10
  • Blake Drill, 1.9 sec x10
  • Distance change-up
  • Group shooting at 25 yard poppers
  • Different target orders to a 90 degree transition to another array, position exit and reload to 25 yard targets (open and partial), no timer, x10

10/14/17    15 minutes

Worked on shooting around a barricade leaning. One of my weaknesses is leaning and being able to index right on my target, I have to adjust my gun slightly to see my front sight, losing a second aiming at the target.  Practiced shooting from one side of the barricade and transitioning to the other side and leaning to hit an array of targets.  Mixed up which targets I shot at first.  Some harder leans than others.  Spent this shorter session on this one thing.  Will be doing this again later this week.

10/16/17    30 minutes

Field Course

• Position entry, 2.6 sec x15 on timer + more with no timer.  Having gun up and ready to shoot as I enter the position.  Getting better at shooting earlier.
  • Shooting while moving, 2 sec, x30  Need to keep practicing walking low.  I am doing WAY better than the beginning of the year.  
  • Transitions between targets, eyes before gun, good grip
  • Distance changeup
  • Draws
  • Position exiting, no timer, trying to get out of position and to the next one quicker.  Thinking about getting an agility ladder and doing some drills along with my dryfire.
  • Shooting an array at 7-10 yards, reloading and moving to another array at 4 yards, reloading to another array at 20 yards; different orders of engagement.

I felt like I was "warmed up" right away.  My grip is feeling more solid and consistent on my gun.  The other days I felt like I was fumbling for awhile.  Trying to get in at least 15 minutes a day for 4 days a week like I was doing at the beginning of the year.  Hands are hurting less now that my callouses are building up again.  My new grip tape hurt SO MUCH and gave me a blister for the first few days lol, but now I don't even notice it, at least not with the shorter 15 and 30 minute sessions.  Feels good to be dryfiring again :)  

• 2 weeks later...

#pewpewing  -  2017 Hawktech Arms Idaho Section Match!

10/21/2017  -  High-Cap Match:  3rd C Class (of 13) / 34th (of 53) Production    54.91%

First day was HORRIBLE.  I've been using Federal primers but my press is messed up somehow and flipping/crushing the primers.  Had to take the primer assembly apart four times.  I was loading the night before leaving for Idaho, since I had only signed up the day before that and didn't have time to mess with the Federal primers anymore.  Used my CCI primers and loaded 500 rounds.  First stage of the High-Cap match on Saturday - 2 light strikes.  Then 4-5 more on the second stage.  Had to switch to the Glock 34, with 16 rounds in my mags, which I haven't shot in a year.  Did okay, but reloads were crap and it was so FREEEEZING.  Sweater didn't break the wind and I was miserable all day.  Overall, did horrible and felt horrible, but got a cool 3rd Place Production C Class trophy.

10/22/2017  -  Low-Cap Match:  1st B Class (of 14) / High Lady / 13th (of 38) Production    72.38%

Bought some Federal ammo at Wal-Mart after the match and switched back to my XDm.  The second day went WAY better.  It was warmer, I had warmer clothes, I bought a coat, no malfunctions at all.  If I could just erase the two standards stages, though, that'd be great.  Without those two stages, I shot 96% of the points, with them was 91%.  I had more charlies in those two stages then the other 7 combined lol   

My last match and this one, it really looks like my movement is getting better.  Leaving is a little faster, shooting a little sooner.  I'm trying to shoot some targets on the move instead of posting up all the time.  It's getting a little better - it's a little slow, but I got alphas.  I think I can shoot the targets a bit faster but still don't have the confidence.  I'm looking forward to a live fire session soon.  It's sad I've only done one practice session this entire year :(  (And it was cold and rainy so it wasn't super productive.)   Oh... need to practice my reloads this week.  I only practiced reloads minimally in the dryfire sessions that I've done so far, and they're a little rusty.  Wasted a lot of time in the match here and there because of my so-so reloads.

1 - 69.86%    Up and Around, 18th    27A, 1C
2 - 73.79%    Leo Roundabout, 8th    21A, 3C 
3 - 69.08%    Zag To Zig, 14th    25A
4 - 71.72%    Narrow Down, 14th    26A, 1C
5 - 60.00%    Weaver Standards, 19th    7A, 13C, 3D, 1M
6 - 72.28%    T Bone, 10th    26A, 4C
7 - 77.39%    Australian Outback, 11th    30A, 1C
8 - 51..02%   Pandas Shoulder, 21st    22A, 4C, 2M
9 - 56.25%    Riverdale Standards, 24th    12A, 6C, 1D, 1M

Edited by AlphaCharis

There is a reoccurring theme in pretty much all of your match videos. You have too much self talk and result judgement going on during the stage run to execute the performance from a subconscious level. All of these self manufactured mental distractions force you to shoot the whole stage from a completely conscious level, which will always be more choppy and slower than doing it all from a subconscious level. 

We will always have things during our stage run that don't go exactly as we expect. You need to accept that and allow your subconscious to deal with it as needed with ZERO judgement of the failure. Its fine to review and pick apart your performance after the stage run. After the buzzer goes off you need to be calm mentally and let the subconscious "Auto Pilot" get the job done as it sees fit. If you can't deploy the stage performance subconsciously then you are not dry firing, programming or visualizing the stage run solid enough before shooting it.

Eliminating the self talk and mid stage run judgement will produce a significant improvement in your overall performance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 7:44 AM, CHA-LEE said:

There is a reoccurring theme in pretty much all of your match videos. You have too much self talk and result judgement going on during the stage run to execute the performance from a subconscious level. All of these self manufactured mental distractions force you to shoot the whole stage from a completely conscious level, which will always be more choppy and slower than doing it all from a subconscious level. 

We will always have things during our stage run that don't go exactly as we expect. You need to accept that and allow your subconscious to deal with it as needed with ZERO judgement of the failure. Its fine to review and pick apart your performance after the stage run. After the buzzer goes off you need to be calm mentally and let the subconscious "Auto Pilot" get the job done as it sees fit. If you can't deploy the stage performance subconsciously then you are not dry firing, programming or visualizing the stage run solid enough before shooting it.

Eliminating the self talk and mid stage run judgement will produce a significant improvement in your overall performance.

^^^very much that

Yes, totally agree.  I'm not sure how to not judge while shooting, yet.  It is better than I used to be, though (case in point here lol).  When I am ill-prepared (not enough walk-through/visualization, etc), not confident - I end up narrating my mess ups.  I wouldn't say that I never shoot from my subconscious, because I can tell when something snaps me into consciousness, then it feels like everything takes forever because my brain starts working and thinking.  Other times I keep bringing my brain into it and second-guessing pickup shots because I keep worrying about my time, but other times I just do it automatically with no thought at all and I don't even really think about it until the stage is over and am like... oh ya, I totally remember calling that shot now, I'm glad I picked it up.  So, not sure how I stop judging/thinking except maybe just with more experience shooting more competitively (than just for fun).

#FIRST DQ!!!!

11/4/17

So... I arrived late and missed the walkthrough, didn't realize it was an illegal stage and there was a "DQ line for steel" WITHIN the shooting area, until I saw the popper during the stage and realized it looked really close and stopped too late.  DQ.  Multiple F-bombs, a few caught on camera.  Not my proudest moment. 

Stage starts at 00:56

9 hours ago, DukeEB said:

I'm sorry I missed that one!  Hearing it live would have been awesome!  Did Nick and Noel give you a hard time? lol

Bwahahaha!  Yes, Nick and John and T and Andria all gave me a hard time all day.  And then the classifier match after that the gave me a "DQ Trophy" and joked how they thought it would be funny if I DQd at that match, too.  Then last week - Nick, John, T and Panther gave me more crap all day long about DQing and if I was going to drop more F-bombs at that match, too. LOL  #squaddies4lyfe  

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had a couple matches since my DQ, but have been taking a bit of a winter break with everything else.  Matches I haven't been too serious about and been having some fun.  With registration for Area 1 and Oregon State, and my Christmas tree already up, I've been thinking about this coming shooting season and I'm getting excited and almost ready to start dryfiring again!

11-5-17    Got classified in Single Stack - now just have revo to go!

11-12-17  Turkey Shoot - 2nd Production

My first and last stages were stage wins in Production

11-26-17  Movember Classic - Production Division Win!

High Lady and 12th Overall out of 94 shooters

IDPA SCORING

Down 18 for the match.... you have to AIM so much.  I guess I know I can aim now so I don't have any excuse for not aiming when I shoot Production.  The sad thing is that I scored higher with this IDPA scoring than I usually do in USPSA :(  So that was kinda depressing.  I am not a fan of time+ though, much less dynamic than hit factor scoring.

I was fairly consistent at this match and didn't totally bomb stages, which is good.  And it was really good practice for calling my shots, I followed through and didn't rush off targets.

Was talking the the other day to NickBlasta how he improved pretty quickly and my improvement is more like a very slow incline, and the line to GM will probably hit it in like 70 years from now.  So, I am pretty motivated to dryfire more this year :P   Went over my classifier scores today to see how much I improved.

Median classifier scores and what percentage of them were in each class.  D class scores have almost disappeared save for the occasional major screw up like #pronefail, and my B class scores are more frequent and higher percentages.  I got my first A class score this summer and my first hundo this week :)

Median Scores          D        C        B        A        M        GM

2014  33.646            59%   29%   12%

2015  51.668            29%   48%   24%

2016  53.327            30%   37%   33%   

2017  61.317             7%   37%   50%    3%                      3%

My percentages at Area 1 and National matches

Area 1      Nationals

2014  44.335      

2015  48.099      52.688

2016  55.3055    54.8408

2017  58.9095    63.0892

Edited by AlphaCharis

• 2 weeks later...

My first 100% on a classifier!!

I mentioned having my first hundo the other week.  It felt okay and thought I might have gotten an A class score or just missed it since  I messed up my grip and had a really slow draw to first shot - I think it was 1.6 seconds.  I was definitely surprised it was a 100% for Production.  And... I'm only B class so it doesn't count.  Still stuck in B class.  Even if it did count it would put me at 74.21% LOL  #Bclass4lyfe  I can probably get that T-shirt made after all. 

Congratulations!

B is rough. It took me a long time to get out of B too. I feel your pain! The main advantage once you DO get up into A?

GM classifiers count, when you get things right.

The C-class ones that come from messing up just a little, that currently slaughter your percentage? They’re too low to matter.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 12/21/2017 at 7:06 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Congratulations!

B is rough. It took me a long time to get out of B too. I feel your pain! The main advantage once you DO get up into A?

GM classifiers count, when you get things right.

The C-class ones that come from messing up just a little, that currently slaughter your percentage? They’re too low to matter.

Thanks!  And yes! that's one of the reasons I just want to be A class right now, even though I'm barely ready for it.  I'm so sick of messing up badly, but still having it be a 58%!  I try and ignore my class and just tell myself to wait and it'll come when I'm ready... but then I see that B by my name and my percentage edging within 1-3% and I don't wanna be a scrub anymore (at least not a B class one).  

#pewpewing

12/2/2017 Jefferson County - Production "Win" / 6th Overall 63.73%

12/9-10/2017   Vision-X Classic

Had a lot of fun once I figured out I could wear both my headlamp and GoPro at the same time - made loading mags and taping frozen targets in the dark much easier :P  This year's match was two days long - a night and day portion.  Went home with 2nd Production, a cool plaque, and.... I was happy to get my match fee back in prizes :)  It was freezing cold (20s) and I didn't spend a lot of time walking stages and visualizing at this match, wasn't really my best shooting, but had fun.

Edited by AlphaCharis

• 2 weeks later...

12-23-2017  IDPA Match @ PB - 3rd ESP, 6th overall of 63

So, I never shoot IDPA, but wanted to shoot since I take almost all Sundays off in the winter.  Didn't go too bad.  It was a basic match because of the cold and the holidays.  I guess my trigger makes my Production gun a "Limited" gun in IDPA, not that it matters, though.

Review of my 2017 shooting year! 

TL;DR:  Video match review of 2017 below.  I got a little gooder cause I dryfired.  Gonna dryfire more, visualize, call my shots, and keep my stuff running to make Master.

Just for fun, I put together some clips of my matches for this year to remember it by.  I'm hoping this time next year this year's review will look slow compared to my shooting for 2018!  This year I started taking targets on the move, started to try exiting faster and shooting sooner.  I think those were my biggest gains this year and will continue to improve on that this year. 

Things that were better this last year, but really need to focus on improving this year: 

Match Day

• MAINTAIN my gun, mags, gear, nutrition/alertness, and ammo.  Be earlier to matches with all my gear in order, drink water, snack, sleep.  I was better this year, still need to do everything I can to avoid any issues during a match. 
  • Pay attention to what I am doing RIGHT then... don't "think ahead" to what I will be doing next.  A lot of times if I miss a steel and have to go back to it, I'll throw my last shot on the paper I'm shooting into hardcover or the delta cause I start looking at the steel before I'm done with the paper.  I was doing a lot better with this the second half of the year.  After the winter break, I was kind of rushing back into this bad habit.    
  • PROGRAM my stage and then let my subconscious do its job.  A focus on walk throughs and visualization EVERY time for every stage big or small.  I've been doing so much better on that this year, I haven't messed up on a stage plan in a long time (I'm not counting day one at Idaho lol).  Need more practice increasing the detail of my visualization.  
  • CALL EVERY SHOT... then I won't be shooting deltas on my way to that pickup on steel or transition to the next array.  STOP THINKING/WORRYING ABOUT MY TIME.

Dryfire

• DRYFIRE  I was consistent with dry fire for the first 3 months of 2017 and I think all my gains can pretty much be attributed to this little bit of practice, which I didn't notice at first.  This year, grip throughout the session, press my trigger way harder, and call my shots.  The timer helped a lot in pushing my speed!  Practice in speed mode and in accuracy mode.  The items below will really improve in my match when I do the work in dryfire:
  • EXITS leaving more aggressively.  Improved this year, looking forward to better exits.
  • MAG CHANGES  Looking back at 2016 and early 2017, I forgot how much of a struggle mag changes were for me.  Every match I complained how crappy they were.  And I used to miss the mag release all the time, now I don't think it happens at all.  Mag changes still aren't that good, but they have been a little more consistent and a little quicker.  Will hit this in dryfire much more this year.
  • MOVING OFF THE 180 FACING LEFT.  I probably made 4 DQable offenses this year solely from this - but it wasn't seen by the RO/or was way too close to call.  After slo-mo reviews, they were totally 180 breaks.  The problem is I start turning my body for the mag change... but I broke the wrist before I'm turned enough.  I need to keep my wrist straight.  NEED NEED to break this habit, like.. THIS WEEK.
  • TURN AND DRAW.  Need to do it where I will never be drawing too early.   
  • GRIP  I've had a better grip more often.  The "Dry Hands" have worked tremendously.  Of course much better when I actually dry fire properly and maintain a good grip.  Been getting a good grip on my gun before drawing - this used to be a HUGE problem for me, and was always adjusting my grip... I don't think this is a problem anymore; I haven't noticed it in a long time.  Also been getting more positive, consistent grip on my mags out of the pouches.
  • KEEP ON KEEPING ON  I get down on myself way too easily, especially with still being a B class scrub.  Stick to my training schedule.  Be positive.  Ignore other people.  Don't compare.  There are no excuses.  Do it for myself.  Keep it fun.

Live Fire

• LIVE FIRE PRACTICE  I just got a shot timer! :)   There's a few things I would like improvement on that will help more if I do it in live fire:
  • SWINGERS  still on my To-Do List to practice.  I only had ONE live fire practice, like... ever.  And it was cold and rainy and only shot a few bill drills, el prez and call it and leave it.
  • SHOOTING SOONER much better this year.  Still need to be more confident and know what I can get away with at certain distances.  Sometimes my groups are so tight, I know I could have picked those up faster or sooner.

Edited by AlphaCharis
Added summary

#pewpewing

First match of the year!  Super rusty already!  I don't know what it was, but not a single person shot this match without at least 1 mike.  I had a few stupid ones.  Felt like I regressed with everything - reloads, movement, grip.  I need ONE more "A class" classifier to make A class... this match wasn't it.  4.50 seconds, 7 alpha... 1 mike.  The only thing i did well this day was the steel lol  ...At least I'll be ready for Berry's Steel Open in a few months.

#dryfire

Dryfired twice this week - a quick 15 minute session and one for 30.  Need to practice every night the rest of week since I already took my two days off.  Back to the basics and concentrating on maintaining my GRIP throughout the session.  Last year doing 5 days a week, 15 minute minimum worked well for the three months that I was consistent. Also been back to my weights, squats and stretching.  My rib cage has been stiff on my right side from the car accident, so my mobility in hard leans isn't that good.  Want to get that moving this year.

Edited by AlphaCharis

I'm pretty sure I just made A CLASS!!  ....totally not ready for it, but wanted it anyway.  Guess it's good incentive to stick to training so I won't be bottom of the A's all year.  This wasn't the best run, but it was enough to push me over 75%  Kinda feels like I didn't earn it, though, cause I requested that my first hundo classifier count.

Edited by AlphaCharis

1-14-18 USPSA Paul Bunyan - 4th Production

1-17-18 It's OFFICIAL!!  I'm in A CLASS!!

Looking back over my classifier scores I only had four classifier scores in my first three years of shooting that were 70% or above.  I stuck to my dryfire training January-March 2017 and in the nine months following this, I posted nine classifier scores that were 70% or above... it shouldn't surprise me that practice makes one better, I guess it surprises me that so little practice makes a difference.  That definitely makes me want to put a lot more time in this year!

#dryfire    30 minutes

Had a good dryfire session last night.  One of my callouses is coming back, but right now it's a blister.  Indexing on hard leans is getting better.  My last match was pretty rough, so trying to get back to where I was a few months ago.  Reloads were the most rusty, so worked on those combined with exiting positions - I'm considering that my cardio for the day :P   

Edited by AlphaCharis
Added match link