Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

55gr bullet deal

mlmiller1

I'm about to need to order some 55gr fmj bullets for 3 gun. The hornady bullet SEEMS like the best(cheapest accurate bullet) deal but does anyone have other opinions? I can get the hornadys delivered if I buy 2k, at a tiny bit over 9 cents each. Also, I've got 69gr smk for longer distances but needing blaster or better ammo for the majority of stuff. I've actually been loading(no one faint) 55gr Montana gold bullets. The batch I had shot really well for me. I bought them before the big problems MG had. Recently I had a new AR with some mixed brass blaster ammo just for testing shoot into a .392" 3 shot group at 50yds. 3 rounds touching, also had a couple of bullets blow one hole out bigger twice. I know this wasn't great accuracy but is pretty nice, especially considering the equipment & conditions. Anyway, if I can repeat that accuracy or better, I would be plenty happy. So......opinions?

Thanks Y'all!

Edited by mlmiller1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you shot any of these & if so, how was the accuracy? Looks like a cheap price, for sure.

Mark, is this going to be hoser type ammo, 200 yards max? This is the cheapest price I've seen for 55 FMJ bullets!

Have you shot any of these & if so, how was the accuracy? Looks like a cheap price, for sure.

Mark, is this going to be hoser type ammo, 200 yards max? This is the cheapest price I've seen for 55 FMJ bullets!

Somebody buy this and tell us if it is magnetic.

S/H is a bit much. But still pretty cheap.

Yeah, a guy on another forum posted his video of them... kinda like an unboxing video, and he said he checked them out with a magnet and they didn't stick. It appears he hasn't loaded them up yet and shot them for groups.

He went on to say that shipping was less than $30, so it breaks down to about 5.7 cents each.

I use the wolf golds and if that is the same bullet then they are not magnetic. I was getting about 2" goups at 100 yd with wolf gold, so not quite as good as handloaded hornady 55gr FMJBT, but the price is good and would be worth a try.

Yes, Hoser stuff. I've got 69gr smk for accurate stuff, just need cheap local 3 gun stuff. I'm pretty tempted.

If you are looking for 55 gr. FMJ bullets, I have 1600 (actually it is closer to 1650) Remington #23624 (.224 dia.) bullets that I will sell for $100 shipped via USPS Flat Rate.

Bullets SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Edited by 45 Raven