Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Entry level scope vs highend level scope

Eric1231

Kurt said it...Clear and holds zero.

Cheap scope are EXPENSIVE!

Flights, Hotel, Meals, Entry Fees all lost on the "good deal" scope you got!

Shooting locals only? Shooting to have fun and maybe score some bragging rights...IRONS! Learn to run the damn things

and you will become a heck of a good rifleman in the process.

Or buy an optic and slap it on and achieve instant...mediocrity!

Oh... and too the OP question yes their's a difference between cheap, modestly priced and Holy Crap I NEED my kidneys!

Cheap is generally a looser. Works kinda then breaks.

Modest gives excellent service and a price that many can afford.

Sell the kidney...I have seen some of those "cool cats' scope crap out! No thanks

Keep in mind, a man made it, so a bad one gets out now and then.

If you are planning on only having one go to competition rifle with a "nice" optic then i would save your money and get a nice optic. There are not too many things on a rifle that really impact how you shoot. The two items that make a rifle most sutible are a nice trigger and good glass. You will notice a nice trigger with each shot your break and you will notice that you can see targets nice and clear with a nice scope. What you loose with a lower end scope is the ability to see those targets in the shade at range and ot call your hits; on a night bright sunny low humidity day on an E type at 200 yds you will not see the difference, at dusk with humidity on a 300+ grey steel target you will see it. I would also look at the Leupold MK4 MRT 1.5-5, its about 800.00 and is rock solid. Its a little older but works well.