Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
anilson

Ask your Questions and Get YouTube vids

Ask us questions for our you tube series.

We like to make youtube vids to answer questions shooters might have. It gives lots of information and lets us showcase our work.

Ask away here or via email.

adam@atlasgunworks.com

if we can give a good answer we will make a vid.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqETVoSDI7MrdX62XvkQt-g

There can never be enough disassemble/reassemble 2011 videos. I use one every time I take my lower half apart. lol

How to tune ejector especially for 9MAJOR.

How to lighten trigger on 1911/2011.

Fitting AFTEC.

Can you make a video detailing how to do a trigger job, particularly cutting the primary and secondary angle of the sear and squaring the hammer hooks? Request for a focused video on the hooks and angles...thanks so much. Pardon for these, im just curious on how to properly do it.

Can you make a video detailing how to do a trigger job, particularly cutting the primary and secondary angle of the sear and squaring the hammer hooks? Request for a focused video on the hooks and angles...thanks so much. Pardon for these, im just curious on how to properly do it.

Two problems with this video idea: The first is that we use a proprietary trigger job system and telling the World would be counter productive. The second is that we want to avoid the liability issue that could arise, as cutting sears is very difficult to do correctly.

(One think to watch out for is the specs on the frame of the gun. Often we find that the sear pin and hammer holes are cut incorrectly changing the relationship between the hammer hooks and sear face.)

Hey Adam,

Loving your videos on YouTube and have learned a lot. Would it be possible to go more in depth of what it takes to do the smoothing, breaking the corners and polishing things to make it smooth? I'd love to learn more how to do that. Another great subject would be how to translate some of your knowledge to other platforms. I'd love to be able to smooth out my other guns, especially my Beretta 92.

Hey Adam,

Loving your videos on YouTube and have learned a lot. Would it be possible to go more in depth of what it takes to do the smoothing, breaking the corners and polishing things to make it smooth? I'd love to learn more how to do that. Another great subject would be how to translate some of your knowledge to other platforms. I'd love to be able to smooth out my other guns, especially my Beretta 92.

I will add a video about edges and polishing soon, be careful on guns that are loose not to remove material. This can cause lots of problems.

Two problems with this video idea: The first is that we use a proprietary trigger job system and telling the World would be counter productive. The second is that we want to avoid the liability issue that could arise, as cutting sears is very difficult to do correctly.

(One think to watch out for is the specs on the frame of the gun. Often we find that the sear pin and hammer holes are cut incorrectly changing the relationship between the hammer hooks and sear face.)

I understand Adam. Your videos on youtube are really informative. Keep it up and looking forward for more informative videos.

Edited by bokbok_05

Hey Adam,

I will add a video about edges and polishing soon, be careful on guns that are loose not to remove material. This can cause lots of problems.

Yeah, my 92 is solid with no play at all while my Hi Power can rattle so I won't be doing anything to that one.

There can never be enough disassemble/reassemble 2011 videos. I use one every time I take my lower half apart. lol

How to tune ejector especially for 9MAJOR.

How to lighten trigger on 1911/2011.

Fitting AFTEC.

I think a video series documenting a custom build would be really cool. No need to reveal any of the secrete sauce, just a high level overview of the steps you take and things you look for from start to finish.

Feel free to use my build if you like!!

Jason

Iam ready for your open gun videos to see the progress you've made . I want a atlas open gun waiting on some videos to finalize my decision !

Question on recoil spring weight: you seem to mention recoil springs more on the light side for open and limited guns, I don't remember exactly what the numbers were - maybe 7 lb for open and 10ish pounds for limited?

Doesn't going too light make the recoil impact to the rear seem harsh, and can that impact damage the firearm in any way with the lighter springs?

Question on recoil spring weight: you seem to mention recoil springs more on the light side for open and limited guns, I don't remember exactly what the numbers were - maybe 7 lb for open and 10ish pounds for limited?

Doesn't going too light make the recoil impact to the rear seem harsh, and can that impact damage the firearm in any way with the lighter springs?

The guns need to be set up in a way that keeps the slide from slamming into the frame. You can make open guns run on 7lb springs and 10 lb or lighter springs run limited guns without the slide hitting the frame in a problematic way. Shock buffs help but the gun is all a system and all the parts need to work together.

A video about what makes a good CCW pistol. I'm in the market for one and would like to hear your opinion on how to build the perfect CCW. What length? Do you need a steel grip? Ideal total weight?

A video about what makes a good CCW pistol. I'm in the market for one and would like to hear your opinion on how to build the perfect CCW. What length? Do you need a steel grip? Ideal total weight?

Not sure we have one answer to that question as each persons situation would dictate what kinda gun you would want to carry. I will do a video next time we build a carry gun less then 5in.

The important part is that works. So many sub 5in guns don't cycle well. I would want to test each gun and ammo combo until I was sure it way reliable.

Adam, thanks so much to Atlas Gunworks for posting such helpful and informative videos. Your videos and customer service significantly influenced my decision to purchase my Titan. Cheers. 

A couple of weeks ago Adam even made a video for my stupidness....