Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Comparison: Sig P320 Versus CZ Shadow Target

NGS

I am new to posting on this forum and have spent the last 18 months in local club competitions.

I have been using a mix of pistols to see what works best. A P226 X-5 Allround and P320. So I have experience with a very heave pistol and lighter pistol. I have also tried CZ pistols from others and like how they shoot wrt trigger and recoil.

So, I like the P320 very much but have mixed results due to recoil, sight tracking etc. I am fairly confident a CZ Shadow Target would work well for me due to weight and refined trigger. I could send my P320 to GGI for competition package. Would that bring it close to the CZ? I am hoping someone may have experience with both to provide some insight.

The reason for these 2 pistols are:

1) recently acquired Dan Wesson PM 9, going to use it for Steel shoots,

2) would like to have a pistol eligible for Production I can see the P320 is doing well, CZ is has to be run DA/SA(?) if so lower hammer without decocker so safety concerns there but P320 is slightly similar( striker fire without safety)

3) have mags and holster for P320 so makes sense to stick with it but like have pistols

So thanks in advance for reading and I may be off base with the pistols I am comparing but I am trying to learn about the options available.

You really comparing apples to oranges. To completely different platforms. What works for one , doesn't have work for other. With Sig , you have constant trigger pull. Some people prefer then oppose to DA/SA. Some people likes heavier gun for less recoil , some like lighter guns for faster transitions.

Don't think you gonna get straight ansever .

• 1 month later...

I shoot the EAA stock II, CZ TS, and the p320. As stated above it depends on your our personal pref. and strengths. All are great, all will get you to Master class and beyond. If newer to competition shooting, stick with the p320, very little to worry about; no light strikes, easy to maintain, good shooter, draw and shoot. I carry the p320 compact and sub. will hold 3.5" groups at 40 yds., throw fiber on it and go to town.

I have all three pistols you mentioned; X5 Allround, CZ Accu Shadow, and full size P320 (all in 9mm). My primary Production gun is the CZ Accu Shadow.

You obviously have experience with DA/SA with the X5 Allround, as well as striker fired with P320. You also have experience with different weight; X5 vs P320.

It's up to you which feels most comfortable, DA/SA vs striker, heavy vs light.

If you like the heavier weight and DA/SA of the X5, I think you will really like the CZ Shadow. With the Shadow you are able to grip higher up on the bore axis than the X5, and the DA can be brought down to a very nice and smooth 5lb - 6lb. I really like the X5 but the trigger (which had a trigger job by Sig Custom Shop) just doesn't compare to the trigger on the Accu Shadow. So if you want an all metal DA/SA gun, you can't go wrong with the CZ.

Thank you for the perspective, which is what I was hoping to get.

I will have an opportunity to compare my P320 to a SP01 Tactical with a decocker so while not a direct comparison at least I will get to try the CZ.

I think right now my preference is towards more massive pistol but i will try to ignore that during the time I spend comparing them.