Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech WRS versus convention loop

Frankly

Am I correct in assuming that with the Blade-Tech Level II WRS I can just flick the retention loop and springs carry it open the rest of the way versus plain Level II hoods that need to be manually opened all the way to draw your pistol?

Blade-Tech isn't clear in the their description and I haven't been around anyone with one here in NewYorkistan.

So how often does that spring mechanism grit up and/or fail? Is the WRS really faster or is it more a matter of training to manually open the hood fully?

Yes, just hit the hood button/lever and it opens. Mine never failed me in a year and a half. I switched over to the safariland gls because of a faster release though.

I had a WRS, in fact still do. Works fine except a bit slow and the hammer needed to be cocked to use the retainer. Bought a couple long Safariland GLS holsters, after adjusting them much faster draw and is locked every time. Local police supply had them on sale for just over $40 each.

Yes, you can have the "hood" open and still have retention on the trigger guard. I went to the WRS precisely for that feature. In a stage where I start with the rifle (where I may be either prone or at odd angles) I like the extra security of the hood. If the stage starts with the pistol, I simply leave the hood open and the holster still has retention.

Check the safariland gls, i think you'll be impressed....and they're like $50!

Just out of curiousity, if I wanted to use a Safariland GLS on a non-Safariland belt, what's the best choice for an attachment device? Right now I have all Blade-Tech and Tek Loks and don't want to change the entire kit.

Check the safariland gls, i think you'll be impressed....and they're like $50!

Just out of curiousity, if I wanted to use a Safariland GLS on a non-Safariland belt, what's the best choice for an attachment device? Right now I have all Blade-Tech and Tek Loks and don't want to change the entire kit.

I have my GLS on an Invectus long hanger and a Safariland EMS mount